Are you working in front of the screen for a long time? Are you a person who’s having a desk job and spends hours sitting? Are you a gamer? Do you know about blue light glasses? Do you wear those glasses? All these questions have the answers. It is just that we need to have a clear knowledge of the topic, blue light. Before that let’s answer the questions that have been in the queue so that one does not have any confusion in the future.
Working in front of the screens
Screen time has increased during the pandemic and also after the pandemic. The main reason behind this is that work from home, online classes, new hobbies, etc developed during the time of the pandemic. The work from home culture has developed which helped people to complete the work from home. In this case, the screen time has been increased and the demand for online work has also increased. This has made people spend more time in front of the screen which results in more exposure of our eyes to the blue light. Thus people need to take care of their eyes and wear blue-light-blocking glasses whenever using the screen.
If you are having a desk job or anything related to computers and screens, then it is a must that you should take care of your eyes and health. Thus blue light glasses take care of the eyes and proper workouts and meals take care of the health.
Why are blue light glasses important for gamers?
Gamers spend most of their time in front of the screen. There are various types of lights emitting from the screens. This is because of the technology and of the graphics and other gaming factors involved. The glare that is coming out of the screens is very dangerous and affects the eyes. One may not realize this at the first instance but slowly and gradually this glare becomes more harmful and affects the eyes in the long run.
Gamers should be more careful and protective about their eyes. This is because their eyes are more prone to damage. They should wear gaming glasses with blue light, anti-glare and anti-reflective coatings so that their eyes are covered and protected from these harmful rays.
Why do the children need blue light glasses?
During the pandemic, the demand for online classes has increased. They were doing online classes during the pandemic and in some places, this is continued due to the high demand. Thus they also have to use the screen for a long time and their eyes are also exposed to the blue light rays emitting from the screens. Because of the pandemic, the usage of mobile has also increased. Children are using their phones for classes, games, and other purposes. Hence the use of digital screens and electronic devices has increased immensely.
Nobody is responsible for this as the situation is such that people have to use the screens for work and other purposes. But now it is our responsibility that we should take proper care and protection of our eyes and health.
What protection can be taken for proper health?
Since the lifestyle of the people has changed and people are more into screen work than physical work, it is the time to take care of their health and their eyes. There are certain tips and tricks for good health and good eyesight. They are as follows-
- Look away from the screen in the middle of the work. Take a break of 10 mins in every 1 hour of work. The reason is that this helps our eyes not to get strained easily and will also reduce the amount of eyestrain.
- Take a walk of 15 mins every 1 hour. As most of the time is spent sitting, various health issues can arise. The main issue is the back. The back pain and other parts of the body get stiff and stop working. People also experience headaches and dry eyes increases. Thus it is very important to take a break and go for a walk which helps to keep our body healthy and eyes safe.
- While taking the break, develop a different hobby of interaction or reading a book. This will not only give rest to the eyes but will also increase the communication skills and gain knowledge which is good for everyone. It helps to learn so many things from people and gain knowledge on many topics.
- One should remain in regular checkups and consult a doctor immediately before the problem increases. This helps in the diagnosis of the problems at the very first stage and can be cured within time.
- Use proper eye protection while working in front of the screens and also eat proper food and do a proper workout. Take proper precautions and medicines required.
Thus these are some of the things which should be kept in mind when you are working in front of the screens.