Every mainland business setup in Dubai needs an official trade name. Before starting any company in the Emirates, you must register the trade name. And before the entrepreneurs move on with the formalities involving issuing trade licenses, the UAE companies are required to retain their business or trade name with the help of trade name registration. All the businesses in Dubai get an identity through the company name registration. But according to the commercial laws of the UAE, one must abide by a few instructions when it comes to the country’s LLC company registration.
Top Tips to Naming your Business Successfully
1) The Name You Add for Your Business Should Not Only Be Catchy but Also Available
To begin with, you must find a unique name that you can give to your business for a mainland company setup in Dubai. The meaning of adding a unique name to your business means that it should solely be used by you. Make sure no other company has used it before or has reserved it. To find and give the most-exclusive name to your business, you can begin by looking for the availability of the business name, searching for the domain name, browsing the web, etc.
- Searching the Most-Appropriate and Suitable Business Name
Your first search shall include searching for a business entity name. You can search for your business entity name on your State Website’s State Secretary. Searching for the company comprises the most crucial step in the entire process of adding a name to your trade and mainland Dubai company formation, given how if you file for a trading name that is already reserved by another business entity, then your filing might get rejected.
The requirements for search can vary based on your business requirements. For instance, you would need a unique name for:
- LLCs and corporations filing.
- Name reservations filing for corporations and LLCs before filing.
- DBA filing for the present formal and informal business
- Searching Domain Name
Whether or not your trade name is available for the web domain as well or not is important to find out. It doesn’t matter if you have no plans on creating a business website at present, you might want to purchase the web address to reserve it and prevent others from buying it.
- Make A Quick Federal Trademark Search
Once you are done performing a domain search, it is time to conduct a federal trademark search through the trademark electronic search system. This search is important to know for mainland company setup in UAE if your trade name is already trademarked or not by someone else. Once you find an available name, you can opt for a trademark application for your business. Irrespective of whether you want to choose trademark registration or not, it always helps to learn and be prepared about the trade name.
- Check What Pops up When You Type your Trade Name on the Search Bar
Finally, when you are performing research, always look for results that come up when you enter your business name in the search bar on leading sites like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Yelp, Yahoo, Bing, Google.
2) Understand The Needs for Your Business
Now once you have given a unique name to your business for mainland company Dubai formation, you have to learn what to do with it next. What you would be doing with your trade name will vary according to your chosen business entity. If you haven’t picked a business entity yet, you must pick the suitable business structure for your company given how Various business structures involve various naming rules, cones, and advantages.
LLC- Easiest Business Structuring Method
Limited Liability Company is by far the easiest business structuring method that can safeguard your assets for when your company is sued by someone. LLCs demand unique names which adhere to particular naming needs like:
- Your open company Dubai name should have “limited liability company” or LLC or even L.L.C.
- Your trade name should include words that might stand contradictory between LLC and government agency (State Department, Treasury, FBI) for instance.
- Some of the banned words like (University, Attorney, and Bank) might need extra paperwork along with a licensed individual who can be a member of your LLC like a lawyer or a doctor.
Corporations- To Keep your Personal Assets Safe
Corporations are individual legal entities and a standard operational structure that comprises of employees, directors, officers, and shareholders) The A-C crop business structure is best to keep your assets safe. Corporations would need an exclusive name and must include particular naming needs like:
- Your open company Dubai business name should include incorporated, company, corporation, limited, or their abbreviations.
- Your business name should be easily distinguished from other businesses present in the country.
Sole Proprietorships- Simples Business Type Ever
Sole proprietorships are the simplest and informal business type that doesn’t offer protection to personal assets and isn’t required to be filed with the state. Sole proprietorships should operate under the owner’s surname. As an entrepreneur, you should do DBA filing to use a different name.
3) Business Name Registrations
Now once you have found out that your business name is unique and distinguishable for mainland companies set up in Dubai, you must go for certain steps like:
- Filing a trade name reservation (if you like giving a unique name to your business but aren’t interested in forming either Corporation or LLC as of now)
- Forming an LLC by first naming your LLC, picking your preferred registered agent, articles of organisation filing, making an operating agreement, and getting an EIN.
- Forming a corporation by giving a name to it, picking a registered agent, making a group of your corporation’s initial structure for share and directors, formation documents filing, and getting an EIN.
- DBA filing for present businesses to establish your brand name and or modify the trade name without amendment filing.
- Amendment submission to the entity’s legal name
These are some of the steps that you need to abide by when choosing a trading name for your business. However, for those finding it out of their league or too complex, get in touch with Dubai Business Setup right away. The consultants engaged in the mainland company setup in Dubai are always up and willing to provide you with all kinds of assistance that are needed for the formation of the company and naming it. The consultants promise to stay by your side and offer all the help that you might need to name your business in the Emirates.