People prefer to keep their privacy secured, it can be digitally locked or in real time. With the advancement of technology, smartphone users are now required to work with sharing their personal details on various platforms and browsers. Clearly it enhances optimization of applications but the cost may be too high as the user’s privacy is at stake. App development companies should be mindful of using articulated security systems in keeping the personal data of clients and users safe and invulnerable to leaks.
So to avoid this mishap, make sure the registration and log in system is smooth and simple without much complexity. WordPress is one such website we can look at for examples on maintaining User Privacy, the privacy of both website owners and visitors. This means additional work for website owners to ensure extra security for both sides, this can be done by using tactics that limit data collection one can protect the user’s privacy
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) This maintains the stability and security of an internet connection and fixes encryption of data before it is delivered and decrypts the transferred data as soon as it reaches the other side. Since it is incharge of the channel in a one way fashion, the chances of disturbances occurring in between is low. This is famously seen in online payments in e-commerce platforms or websites
- Transport Layer Security (TLS) This is the upgraded version of SSL and they are often interchangeable during use however, users are advised to use updated softwares instead like TLS over SSL
- Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) This is a standard encryption protocol seen in every website link, this promotes site security on the most basic status. Having an SSL from the beginning makes things easier to manage and look for service providers who offer free SSL setup.
Here’s How You Switch to HTTPS
This scenario works for users with a hosting plan for their website, the option is whether they want to use HTTPS instead. This improves the chances of higher quality security and there are instances when websites do not have an SSL certificate set up, after which you acquire the feature of HTTPS. Check out websites which offer manually switching to HTTPS if you do not wish to hire a professional.
Look Into WordPress Privacy Settings
The domain level of privacy is handled by HTTPS and SSL system, next a built up of security is presented by going to the Privacy Settings Tool through the main Settings bar to reach Privacy. These options are readily available in WordPress under dashboards.
Run Standard Maintenance Operations by
To build a more secure website page with the aim of solidifying user Privacy one must try to run some operations for evaluating standard maintenance, this promotes an all-round security check for any personal data that may be breached,
- Have the Latest Version of WordPress Installed: This is a simple step to optimize user Privacy since the installed version is always up to date with the latest security updates, plugins and themes. This improves the previous security functions of keeping data safe by using the latest bug fixers, and doubles the protection from malware or viruses. To save time or in case you forget to update the latest version on time, keep the updates on auto mode to never miss new versions of softwares
- Keep Your Passwords Up to Date: This improves the security of users, having a periodic routine of changing passwords helps prevent any chances of foreign elements to hack into your site. This process should be followed by the providers and visitors as well, mention the consequences of not updating your passwords to your visitors to promote user privacy from both sides.
- The Wonders of Authentication: This step comes under updating your passwords, and through the two factor authentication method users can now keep their identity twice as secured. The website, user and contributors all benefit from this method of authentication. There are many plugins that support this factor.
Switch to a Better Analytical Plugin
Using a default analytical plugin might not be the best fit for your website security so, explore the wide variety of Analytics tools amd softwares to amp up your personal data safety. There are some default tools that does not promote user privacy yet tend to collect mass data, clearly it does a good job at monitoring the user’s on-site activities but here we need something that drives more on protecting data. If you want to use your default Analytics plugin instead of tools which are aimed at Users Privacy, try to use IP Masking as it promotes the user’s IP address to go anonymous, hence any data attached to their IP address is not collected. Some Analytics tools focus on mass data collection and the burden of safeguarding the user’s personal data.
Switch to a Consent Plugin
The mentioned pointers can be manually done or you can hire a wordpress developer to make your workload lighter. If you hire a wordpress expert there is no room for any simple error to occur.