Why Is My HP Printer Offline?
Your HP printer is offline because there could be a connection issue and your printer might not be able to communicate with your computer or laptop. This can also happen if the network cable is damaged or is not connected to the device properly.
There are a few more reasons why your printer might be showing offline hence before troubleshooting the printer and adjusting with its settings we recommend you to check if your printer is turned on because at times the printers might not be turned on due to a problem with the power button of the printer or maybe there could be an issue with the power cable too.
Other reasons why is my HP printer offline could be because of two different WIFI connections. If you are using a wireless printer then make sure that both your device and the printer are connected to the same wifi network.
Also sometimes when there is a heavy load of printing the cartridges and the printer door tend to get jammed due to which also your HP printer might show offline.
Sometimes when the drivers in the printer are not updated even then you may receive a message saying your printer is offline.
So next time you are seeing the offline error check on the above situations once. Mentioned below are different ways on how to fix your HP printer from being offline to online.
How to fix an HP Printer Offline Issue
To fix your HP printer offline issue:
- Check if USB cables are working fine and are connected to your computer
- Check the connection between the computer and the printer is established
- Ensure the power cable of the printer is working
- Ensure the printer & the computer are connected to the same wi-fi network
- Apart from this also ensure that the Printer port is connected to the right driver without which the connection will never be successful.
How to check if Printer is properly connected to Port in Laptop and Desktop
To check the printer port connected to your computer open the Devices and Printers menu and then Printer Properties. Here you can select the ports that need to be activated. Here are the detailed steps to do it.
- Click on Control Panel and go to Hardware and Sound
- Now click on Devices and Printers and right-click on the name of your HP printer from the list
- Select Printer properties and a list of drop-down will pop out
- Select Port
- Now ensure that the description of the port matches with the connection of your printer. Don’t forget to check the IP description as well to double-check
- If there is a discrepancy between the port description and the IP description go to Port settings
- On the options that pop out check for the port description that matches your IP description and click on
- Enable bidirectional support
- Click on ok and then click on Configure Port and click ok again
- Restart your printer to see if it has turned online now and has started functioning.
- The other method of fixing your HP printer from being offline to online is by clearing any paper jamming issues in the printer.
We hope you enjoyed reading the article today and found it useful and interesting. The methods we provided here must be tried one by one before you decide to buy a new printer. So the next time you get an error that your HP printer is offline we hope that you will refer to this article and this will help and guide you to fix the issue easily.
HP Printer Setup Visiting by 123.hp/setup
123.hp.com/setup123.hp.com/setup is the installation and setup website for HP printers, which also provides users with practical troubleshooting tools and customer support. HP printers are known for quality, efficiency, and reliability; that’s why many of the users worldwide have used them. Whether to manufacture printers for home or offices, HP has many balls in the basket. You can choose yours as per the requirement, plus you can get it installed by yourself after following the guidance from 123 hp com setup.
- Visit 123.hp.com/setup for HP Printer Installation
- If you have just bought your printer or set up your printing device for the first time, this section will help with the basics. So here we go with the HP printer initial setup.
- Remove the packaging from your HP printer – from the printer scanner glass, printer tray, the rear access door, and the carriage compartment.
- Ensure all the components are there within the box; you can also check 123.hp.com/setup for more clarity for your printer model.
- Do not unpack your ink cartridges because they might be dried up if placed open to the atmosphere.
- Ensure your printer is set at a neat and clean place with minimum or no interference from other devices’ signals.
- Now connect your printer power cable to the main wall socket, and turn it on; avoid using docking stations for better connectivity.
- Now unpack the ink cartridge and do not touch the copper contacts on it.
- Open the carriage access door and hold the ink cartridge by the sides and place it to the allotted slots. Please be aware of the color coding for respective ink cartridges.
- Now load the correct paper type in the tray and use the guided clips to place the pages properly in the printing tray.
- To proceed further, you need to connect your device to the internet and download the printer drivers’ software to the computer from hp.com/setup.
- You may also download supporting applications such as HP support assistant and HP smart app for trouble-free printing operations.
How to Download HP Printer Driver Software?
HP Printer driver software helps your computer to communicate with the printer to get quick printouts. In other words, the driver software works as a translator between the computer and the printer.
- To download the software from 123.hp/setup, you can follow the below steps:
- Please turn on your computer and ensure it has no preinstalled printer software.
- Now connect your computer to a stable internet connection.
- Further, it would be best if you opened the Chrome browser on your device.
- You need to visit the webpage hp.com/setup.
- Now navigate through it and scroll down to click Support> Support & Troubleshooting.
- Proceed further and click Download Printer Drivers.
- If prompted, then enter your Printer Model name and then click Submit.
- After that, you need to click Download, and then you will receive an installer setup at your download folder.
- Navigate to the folder and click the extension file.
- Now you may download the required software and printer drivers.
- To proceed further, you need to follow the on-screen instructions and complete the installation process.
- Restart your computer to save the hp.com/setup settings.
Connect your HP Printer to Wireless Network
- By connecting your printer to the Wi-Fi network, you can print wirelessly from any device sharing the same Wi-Fi network. This section will provide you with the steps to connect to the wireless network.
- Make sure to use the local home network; also, both the printer and your computer must share the same Wi-Fi. Keep your network SSID name and password handy.
- Firstly, turn on your printer and Wi-Fi router.
- Ensure the wireless light is stable on your router.
- Now press the Wireless button or navigate to the Network (The exact process might vary as per your printer model)
- Further, you need to click Settings.
- Now click Wireless Setup Wizard.
- The Control panel will display the list of available networks; you need to scroll and choose yours.
- If you don’t see your network, then scroll to the bottom and manually enter the SSID name.
- Enter the network password and press, Ok.
- Now you may print the test page from your printer.
Thanks to admin to share my post on your website.