We receive a lot of queries from users complaining that their Outlook not loading inbox emails. Then they ask for a reliable solution if available. We dug a little deeper & found various reasons for this error. Moreover, due to lack of technical knowledge, users aren’t aware of all the reasons & their solutions.
Therefore, we are going to the crux of the matter in this informative blog. We will mention the solutions as well for all the errors to the users. This can help them in solving these issues & resolve the problem.
Evidently, there are 4 reasons that can cause this error as per our research. All of these 4 errors song with their solution are mentioned below. Read carefully & execute relevant changes to get the perfect outcome. By the end, you can easily load emails in your Outlook inbox.
Outlook Not Showing All Inbox Emails due to Default View Setting
The most common reason that Outlook isn’t showing you inbox emails is because of the View Settings configured as default. Filter settings can be one of the reasons why this is happening.
IN the default view setting, certain emails may not be visible to you. In order to solve this issue, users need to reconfigure the view settings. This process isn’t very complex. Users can reset the view settings as per their requirements in just five simple steps.
- Launch Outlook Application in your system & then Go to the View Tab option.
- In the View Tab, Click on the View Settings option.
- Now a new window will open with the name “Advance View Setting”.
- Here, Click on the Reset Current View option available.
- In the prompt dialog box, Click Ok to finish this task.
After this, your Outlook will not hide inbox emails anymore due to this issue.
Outlook Not Loading Inbox Emails Because of PST File Size
If you are using Outlook version 2010 or above, then there are chances that the view setting may not be the issue. That’s because OST and PST files have a predefined size limit of around 50 GB in Outlook 2010 or above.
Having data files with a size of more than 50 GB can fail Outlook to load these files in the inbox. Due to this, you may feel this issue majorly in the 2016 version of Outlook. However, there is a way to solve this issue also.
To solve this issue, users need to reduce the size limit of the Outlook data file. Follow the steps mentioned below to counter this challenge.
- First of all, Delete all the Unwanted Data items from the Deleted Items folder.
- Now in the Files Tab >> Click on Account Settings >> Click data Files Tab.
- Select the Mailbox File and then Click on the Settings button to move further.
- As the ending step, Click on the Compact Now button >> Now, Click Ok button.
Another useful trick is to reduce the PST file size using Outlook’s Mailbox Cleanup wizard. Users can locate this tool in File >> Tools >> Mailbox Cleanup.
Another Issue Is Falsely Configured Cache Settings
There are chances that you may be facing Outlook not loading inbox emails error due to cache setting misconfiguration. Users with either IMAP or MAPI email accounts must know that their emails are downloaded to the system from the live mailbox. Also, Outlook states that it keeps/retain the emails for one year.
This states your system stores emails that are a maximum of one-year-old. To have a view of the emails that are much older than that, users need to make some changes in the settings. Follow the below steps to change this setting.
- In the Outlook application, Go to the File Tab & Click on the Account Settings option.
- Under the Account Settings window, Select Email Account & Click on Change button.
- You can see a slider under “Download email for the past option” >> Slide it to the extreme Right & Click on the Next button.
- At last Click on the Done button to end finish things off.
After this step, Outlook will automatically download emails even older than one-year to your system.
Corruption of PST File Also Causes This Error
Users can get this Outlook not showing all inbox emails issue in case their PST files are corrupted. Microsoft Outlook provides ScanPST .exe. to repair the file corruption. It is the in-built utility that Outlook provides. However, this solution may be a little tricky as the location of this utility differs in different Outlook versions.
Below is the location of ScanPST .exe. Mentioned but users can also opt for the Best & Reliable Outlook PST Repair Tool. This automated method is way better than the ScanPST .exe.
Location of ScanPST EXE in Outlook
- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12
- C:\Program Files (86)\Microsoft Office\Office14
2010 (64 Bit) Outlook
- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14
- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\office15
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office16
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office 16
The Ending Note
We have discussed all four types of errors that stop Outlook from loading emails in the inbox folder. If you’re facing this error, then there must be any one or more issues that you need to resolve. Also in case of corrupted PST files, users can trust the automated method mentioned above to get rid of the misery as soon as possible.
After learning all the ways mentioned above, users can easily solve their issue of Outlook not loading inbox emails. You can also leave a reply if you need assistance with any other topic.
Also Read: Convert NSF Archive to PST File Format Supported in Outlook