The led lights strip 10 meter of an artificial light source, which is a narrow flexible strip with LEDs located at an equal distance from each other. Why is an LED strip needed and what are its advantages? Why is she gaining popularity so quickly? Where and how can it be used? Let’s find out below!
What is a led strip?
An led lights strip 10 meter is a flexible strip with LEDs attached to one side and an adhesive backing applied to the other. Diodes are arranged in groups, with 3 LEDs in each group. The length can be changed with simple scissors. Connects to the network using a power supply. Prices are per 1 meter (min. order 5 meters – packing).
Led strip design
The main element of the tape are blue led light strips soldered at a set distance from each other to a flexible board (substrate), as well as limiting resistors. The width of the tape varies from 8-20 mm and in height with elements less than 5 mm. An adhesive layer is applied to the back. The standard length is five meters.
Also included with the LED strip: are controllers, converters, amplifiers, and special clips that connect the wires. For single-colour, two contacts are used, for polychrome – on four.
Types of led strips
They depend on the type of LEDs used and distinguish between:
- The number of LEDs is proportional to the amount of radiation.
- Glow colour (any shade) and monochrome (with one main colour scheme). RGB example. Using LEDs with arranged emitters of three different colours: Red, Green, and Blue translated from English as red, green, and blue.
- Various chromatic temperatures with boundaries from 2700 to 10 thousand Kelvin. For example, a 100 W incandescent lamp has 2800 K. Fluorescent (white light) 3500 K.
Adjusting the emission of the led strip
Which are push-button, touch, infrared or radio. The latter can “command” one controller or an entire group. Motion sensors connect lights and lighting. For monochrome, a voltage converter is enough. Switches and breakers are located in place. It is desirable to fix the power source of the tape near its beginning or end. Must Team Up Your Denim With These 6
Errors when connecting led strip
LED strips have advantages over traditional lighting sources. They are durable, vibration-resistant, economical and also have small dimensions. When connecting, it is necessary to exclude such moments.
- It is impossible to consider LED as an analogue of conventional lighting devices. This is a non-linear semiconductor lighting device with a distinctive technical characteristic.
- It is a mistake to connect the LED directly to the power source.
- It is wrong to connect in parallel to the same source. From such a connection, the radiation will be different in brightness. When one LED fails, the current on the other increases, accelerating its degradation.
- Erroneously serial connection of a tape with elements of different denominations. At the same time, the elements glow dimly or their wear accelerates. The current in the circuit depends on the value of the limiting resistor.
- Installing an element (R) with the wrong resistance. Inconsistency of the current with the parameters will lead to overheating of the crystal, reducing the service life.
- The use of a limiting resistor with a low rating accelerates the destruction.
- The reverse voltage needs to be adjusted. Because, an increase in current will cause overheating of the semiconductor, thermal breakdown and failure of the LED.
Power supplies for led strips types
There are various options for the design and purpose of the PSU.
Open, made in a metal or plastic case without moisture protection. Designed for indoor use in a dry atmosphere. Its power varies from 6 to 360 watts. Closed block. Mounted in a metal case, protected from moisture according to IP 54 classification. It is suitable for outdoor installation. Power ranges from 60 to 360 watts.
The 24 Volt power supply does not differ in structure from the same 12 V. In practice, it is slightly larger and heavier. For example, a lighting device or backlight with a 5-meter tape is suitable for a 200 W PSU.
The main advantages of led strips
- High reliability.
- Environmental friendliness.
- Easy fixing of LED strips on the prepared surface.
- Low operating costs, given the ratio of light to cost.
- LED strips have a longer service life compared to well-known lighting lamps. Under optimal temperature conditions, it works for over 30 thousand hours.
- It is possible to increase the luminous flux in proportion to the length of the tape, avoiding overheating of the constituent elements.
- The flexibility of the design allows for a variety of design projects.
- Small dimensions.
- The ability to adjust the colour tint and brightness.
- Safety of use.
- No pulsation.
The bottom requires only five meters of tape. Salon, wheels, disks, trunk, accelerating the search for the right thing. Glove box, dashboard, door handles, pedals and floor mats. Insensitive to temperature fluctuations. The 12-volt voltage makes it safe. By controlling a remote control or a program, they change colour, the play of light, the speed of alternating brightness and other special effects, without violating traffic safety on the road.
LED tape is both flexible and easily attached to the surface of any material. On fabric curtains, tulle, Capron, tapestry, blinds or roller blinds. Using the control panel of the RGB controller, select or program the illumination of the curtains. It is safe to arrange such a design. Low power tapes do not heat up.