CT scan is an advanced process of imagining the body’s internal structure to detect abnormalities. Know Its type and method in detail.
Disease and illness come uninvited. Doctors often advise us to get a CT scan in case of internal injury. Although we have other advanced imaging techniques, CT scan is still the best and latest. CT scan is known as Computed Tomography and it uses a rotating X-ray machine to create a cross-sectional image of internal organs, which is more detailed than any other imagining technique. CT scan can effectively visualise the bone, soft tissues and even blood vessels, helping diagnose a variety of critical internal cases. So if your doctor advises you to get a CT scan, then dont panic as it is a part of a diagnosis. It has a variety of other applications. So let us have a look at why the patient needs it.
Why Do Doctors Recommend CT Scans?
As stated earlier, a CT scan has various applications but is particularly the doctors recommend it for diagnosing acute internal diseases and analysing the depth of an external injury. Only a timely evaluation can help you in proper treatment. This particularly advanced imaging technique can help your health care providers in the following ways:
- It helps you to detects the severity or even presence of any infections, disorders in muscular tissues, and fractures or even breakage of any bone
- CT scan helps identify the exact location of any abnormal tissue growth and can also specify the presence of cysts or tumours, including malicious cancer
- It is also helpful to examine the blood vessels and other internal structures in detail
- CT scan can effectively assess the degree of any severe internal injuries. It can also diagnose the presence of any haemorrhage or internal bleeding.
- Sometimes CT scan technique helps to guide various other medical procedures, such as surgeries and biopsies
- CT scan can easily monitor the efficacy of any critical or detailed medical treatments for certain severe and complex medical conditions, including cancer and heart disease.
Some Important Elements Of CT Scan
If you are searching for a ‘CT Scan near me’, you are probably being recommended to undergo this procedure. So let us look at some of the factors associated with it.
- The test is minimally intrusive and the examiner can conduct it quickly.
- It involves minimal radiation, so a patient is at risk of radiation exposure. So make sure that nobody can come
- This is a very advanced medical imaging procedure that produces a detailed image of the internal organs.
- It is a quick procedure and takes only 15 to 30 minutes.
- Some CT scan uses a contrasting agent to get a very detailed image of internal organs
Besides helping to diagnose various diseases, the doctors use it in advanced dentistry to understand the placement of teeth, jaw, soft tissues and other parts of the mouth. So if you are trying to find CBCT scan dental near me, then consider Janta X-Ray Pvt Ltd, as we are equipped with all advanced medical test procedures and equipment.
CBCT scan, or more precisely Cone Beam Computed Tomography, gives a 3D image that is very detailed and it can evaluate the condition of your dental and oral health properly. Nowadays, almost all super speciality dental clinics have advanced dentistry, and a CBCT scan is essential for undergoing any advanced dental procedure. Besides that, doctors use it to diagnose and evaluate a variety of other issues, such as:
- Doctors use Dental Cone Beam CT for planning and designing various advanced dentistry procedures.
- They use it while planning for surgery of an affected or impacted teeth
- To understand and analyse the temporomandibular joint disorder
- To analyse cephalometric issues
- To detect, analyse, treat and monitor tumours formed in the jaw
- Doctors can also perform it while planning dental implants
- While planning jaw reconstructive surgery CBCT scan is a mandate
- To monitor sinuses and get a detailed image of the nasal cavity, nerve canals or sinuses
- It is also essential to determine tooth orientation and the structure of bone
- To locate the source of pain or pathology.
Why Is CBCT Scan Important For Advanced Dentistry?
As a CBCT scan shows all your teeth, jaw bones, nerves, blood vessels and soft tissues in full detail, your dentist can diagnose your oral and dental health and schedule a treatment approach before starting the procedure.
Consequently, this technology is a critical step in planning and performing and executing successful dental implants or any necessary oral surgery. CBCT scans assist your periodontist in the following ways:
- Provide precise measurements, which include the shape and measurements of your jaw
- To pinpoint any issues related to gum.
- To detect any lesions that may indicate or later develop into severe disease.
- To discover the source of any undefined pain.
- To evaluate the issues in the sinuses, nasal cavity, and nerve canal
It is an effective procedure. The CBCT scan price is generally on the higher side, which is about Rs. 1000 to Rs 2000. Although the price is still high, it has many applications and benefits
The Benefits Associated With CBCT Scan?
Oral health not only depends on the healthy tooth but also begins with a foundation of healthy bones and gums. Generally, periodontists help you build and maintain bone, jaw and gum. There are multiple benefits to undergoing a CBCT scan, such as
- High-Quality image with almost 100% accuracy
- It offers a considerable amount of information about oral health, which is easy to understand
- It is pain-free and does not even cause any discomfort
- It takes only a few seconds to perform
- The reports are generally provided instantly
- Although it will expose you to a certain amount of radiation, it is still pretty low.
The Process Of CBCT Scan
Getting a cone beam CT scan is easy as it is available in all dental clinics. The 3D CBCT scan price in Janta Xray Pvt Ltd is quite competitive, so if you plan to do one, consider Janta X-ray Pvt. Ltd. It is a fast and relaxing procedure and requires no special preparation. This is what you can expect.
As the process involves a solid magnetic field, you must remove any metal objects and jewellery. In addition, you must also remove accessories like metal headbands, clutches, eyeglasses and hearing aids.
- We’ll ask you to remove anything that may interfere with the imaging, including metal objects, such as jewellery, eyeglasses, and hearing aids.
- For female patients, it is mandated to inform the dentist or oral surgeon in case they are pregnant or any possibilities of developing pregnancy,
- You will need to remain still during the entire procedure and have to bite the part of the equipment with your teeth
- The scanning machine will then rotate over the head to take multiple pictures.
- It is a swift process and will take only 30 seconds to complete, and the result is also instant
Whether you are planning to do a CT scan or a CBCT scan it is important to do it from a reputed diagnostic centre. Janta X Ray Clinic has all the modern amenities and advanced equipment to get an accurate result. Furthermore, it is also essential to consider the price as the procedure is quite expensive. So for any queries regarding the price of the test, you can connect with the team