cPanel uses GUI (Graphical User Interface) and is automation tool supported. It can be termed to be Linux-based web host control panel. Its objective is to simplify complexities that are otherwise related to site hosting. A triple-tier structure is what operates this control panel. Thus, it enables end user site owners, resellers and administrators to exercise enhance control over server management and website. This is achieved through standard web browser.
Vital aspect to consider
cPanel is designed to operate as a VPS (Virtual Private Server) or a dedicated server. Once installed, it is not possible to remove it easily. If the plan is to uninstall the panel, then it becomes essential to format the server completely. It is equally possible to install the panel on any minimally configured system. Doing some research on the same will allow you to know more about it.
What is Web Host Manager (WHM)
It is considered to be a web tool designed for resellers and server administrators. The objective is to manage web server-based hosting accounts. It also provides access through root administrator. Besides this, it users are allowed to access its myriad features along with reseller privileges and permissions. Sever administrator using WHM can maintain and mange operations. It also includes upgrading as well as recompile PHP and Apache and install Perl modules.
- cPanel Server Management is a preferred site hosting option due to ease of installation. It is quite simple for entire configuration to occur.
- cPanel customers can derive advantages like front-end operations. It allows effective management of tasks, PGP keys, mailing lists, mails and FTP accounts.
- Too much technical expertise is not desired since it is found to be a user-friendly choice. Even a layman can use without requiring much knowledge.
- It manages efficiently specific software packages from the OS. It also carries out periodical updates to MySQL, Apache, FTP, Exim, PHP, etc. Upgrades occur automatically, thus ensuring greater compatibility.
- cPanel scripts in large chunks can help simplify its management. These are written for enabling admin as well as to update operations. To include or personalize additional Apache or PHP modules, simply visit default settings and fix the issue.
- It can integrated effortlessly and support a wide range of applications. A few applications that can be integrated effortlessly within the control panel are R1Soft, WHMCS, Cloud Linux and Spam Assassin.
- It is possible to evaluate server logs easily besides carrying out recovery operations using cPanel.
- There are a whole lot of forums that provide support in the form of discussions. Also are offered technical support. This panel claims to offer 24/7 support system, is affordable and takes problem-solving approach something not offered by other panels.
- cPanel team is said to take immense pride in ensuring enhanced data security and facilitates periodic updates. It also offers provision of patches to provide greater stability, security and new features.
Seeking the best provider
You should hire a company that offers round the clock technical support, server security, remote server administration, etc. They should also be specialists in providing quality server support services and easily reachable.