Vietnam visa is among the most beautiful and culturally rich countries. It is amazing and a fantastic place to travel to. As it has reopened its borders, many want to visit this place. Violent crime in Vietnam is very rare. It is a very safe country for traveling as tourism is Vietnam’s main source of income and the safety of its visitors is its main priority.
HOW SAFE IS IT TO TRAVEL IN VIETNAM?
- In Vietnam, violent crime is a rare scene. Crimes such as the use of weapons, thefts, and sexual assault are being committed mainly in hot spots areas such as Hanoi, Da Nang, Nha Trang, and Ho Chi Minh City.
- Drink spiking often happens in major cities late at night.
- Crimes such as robbery, pickpocketing, and chain snatching are pretty common here. Travelers are robbed near ATMs and shops. You would hear cases of purse theft, motorbikes snatching cameras, chains, mobiles phones, etc.
- Many travelers are being threatened with violence and curse words.
- Foreigners are often scammed by taxi drivers, gamblings, credit and debit card skimming, etc.
- Breaking into hotel rooms and stealing your stuff.
2. HOW TO TRAVEL SAFELY?
- Before visiting any city, always have a little overview of activities that often happen here.
- Be aware of motorbikes and other two-wheelers to prevent cases of snatchings.
- Never leave your stuff unprotected outside.
- If you are going to nightclubs, always visit with someone you know and never leave your drinks.
- Carry the minimum amount of valuable stuff with you while going outside.
- Don’t get involved in unnecessary disputes.
- Always keep your credit and debit cards with yourself. Do not give your pin to a person you don’t know.
- COVID 19 still remains a threat in Vietnam. If you are staying there you must follow all the safety protocols.
- Don’t forget to get your travel insurance. Make sure your policies cover all the overseas medical costs.
- Be sure that you are in a good physical and mental state before traveling to Vietnam. Going to a whole new country with any physical problem will create further discomfort for you.
- If you are planning to bring your medication then make sure beforehand that they are legal in Vietnam.
- Be healthy before visiting medical facilities and care at most hospitals are not up to the standard.
4. LOCAL LAWS
- You will have to follow all the local laws and policies including any penalties and punishments.
- Try to not get involved in any kind of illegal activity. Drugs in any form are illegal here and laws are very strict.
- Make sure that you are carrying a copy of your password with your personal details for any kind of emergency.
- Prevent yourself from getting involved in any kind of political activity.
- You must have your Vietnam visa or visa exemption certificate if you wish to enter Vietnam.
- If your visa is expired then make arrangements to go back as visa extensions are no longer being provided.
- You can apply for a Vietnam E-visa through an online application very easily. Fill in all the important information and submit all the documents. Make the payments and bring therapy for your approval letter.
- Only apply to E-visa through official websites to not get scammed.
- Follow all the necessary measures and requirements in compliance with COVID 19.
- Follow the advice of local authorities and prevent yourself from getting covid.
- Keep in contact with your friends to travel safely.
- You are restricted to travel near any kind of military installation.
6. ROAD SAFETY
- Traffic accidents are pretty common here. Roads are not maintained properly resulting in frequent car and motorcycle accidents.
- Always rent a driver to travel safely on the road
- Rent a car only if you have a valid Vietnamese driving license or you might face serious charges if you get involved in a traffic accident.
- Try to avoid using motorbikes as they are not safe to travel.
- Be familiar with your surroundings and never share a car or taxi when you are alone at night time.
From the above information, we got a clear idea that Vietnam is relatively a country safe to travel to. Violent crimes are not a big threat here. You will be fine to go anywhere if you are being cautious of your environment and surrounding. Vietnam is a very friendly country with kind people. For any further quarries kindly contact us.