Are you looking for a TP Link Range Extender? Is your Wifi slow in your room? or Do you want to extend your Home Wifi? Whether you live in a big house or have multiple walls between your device, you will need a Wifi Extender. Tp-link extender will help you get the best speed in the deepest corners of your house.
So What exactly is a TP-Link Extender? What are its different types? How does it work? and which one should you buy? In this article, we will also have a look at different TP-link devices and learn How to setup TP Link Wifi Extender?
How to Setup TP-Link Extender?
Setting up the TP-Link Extender with/without WPS is a really easy process but it does take some time and consideration. So before doing any of the technical stuff, you need to find a place where you want your extender to be.
Placing your Wifi Extender is really simple, but you need to be careful. That is because, in any scenario, the extender signal will be blocked by walls, or get interfered by other waves. So you need to plan carefully about the place you want your extender to be. The simplest way you can do so is by figuring out where exactly you need it.
First, take out your house layout and mark a place you want your signal to be. Now mark the place where the router is located. Now take your extender and place it somewhere in the middle of both places. Also, try to place it into an open area for better range.
Before you start setting up your TP-Link Extender, you must know a few things.
- IP Address
If you don’t know about any of it then, open Command Prompt and type in ipconfig/all. Here you will all the required information. Now, type in that IP address in your browser and log in to your router. If you are still unable to log in, contact your Internet service provider for support.
Now, it is time to set your Tp-Link Extender. Basically there are two ways of doing that. But it also depends on your TP-Link Extender. If your Extender has a WPS button follow the second method and if it does not then follow the first one.
3. Set up TP-Link Extender Without WPS Button
- First, plug-in the TP-Link Extender into a wall outlet and connect it with your PC via ethernet cable.
- Now open your browser and visit TPlinkrepeater.net.
- Here, Select Quick Setup > Region and then click on Next.
- After TP-Link Extender had done scanning your Network select your Wifi network and click Next.
- Now enter the Password and select copy from main router and click Next.
4. Setup With WPS Button
- First, plug in the TP-Link Extender in the Wall outlet close to your router.
- Now press the WPS button on the back of the router. After the WPS Led starts blinking, press the WPS button on your Extender.
- Wait a while as the TP-Link Extender will automatically configure to your Wifi network.
- Now check whether the connection is working or not.
The TP-Link Extender is one of the best Extender out in the market. TP-Link also provides a wide variety of products and options, so choose them as per your need. Do remember that no matter which extender you buy, you will always get the same speed as your router. With the help of this guide, you should be able to install and configure your TP Link Extender Setup Without Ethernet Cable as mention above.
I really appreciate to the admin who allow me share this post.