Interacting with an animal is likely to increase the level of oxytocin in your bloodstream that relieves you from stress. Therefore, a survey conducted in 2018 in the US proved that 68% of US citizens own a pet. All you need to do is ensure their vaccination, cleanliness, and healthy habits, and you are good to go. But have you ever wondered what will you do if you have to travel due to business or a job or go on a vacation? Like other pet owners travel with your pet. Yes, JetBlue Airlines booking allows you to travel with your pet without any trouble. JetBlue fare finder helps you find the cheapest flights for your travel. Through this article, you will learn how you can travel with your pet on JetBlue Airlines.
Things to keep in mind before traveling
- If you plan to travel internationally, make sure you check the restrictions, requirements, and documentation for your pet by origin, destination, date of booking, and date of travel.
- Documents for entry requirements and pet vaccination may vary for each destination, so be sure to check the requirements for each destination on your itinerary well in advance.
- Keep in mind that a pet carrier shouldn’t exceed 17″L x 12.5″W x 8.5″H. The total weight of your pet and the carrier must not exceed 20 pounds.
- Each pet carrier must carry only one pet and should be comfortable for them to turn around comfortably when it’s closed.
Booking for your pet on JetBlue Airlines
Your pet may travel in the cabin in an FAA-approved pet carrier that fits comfortably under the seat in front of you.
- You may add your pet in extras during booking by paying a fee of $125 each way.
- You can carry a maximum of two pets with you while traveling, ensuring that each one is in its own carrier and you have paid the pet fee for both the pets.
- Make sure you book a window or aisle seat. The airline doesn’t recommend an exit row, bulkhead seat or any seat restricted for under-seat storage.
Since a total of six pets are allowed on each flight, you must book early if you wish to travel with your pet.
Travel checklist for your pet
For your convenience, here is a travel checklist for your pet to help you manage and arrange everything you require for the travel.
- ID Tags
- Pet license
- Required vaccination and documents
- FAA approved pet carrier
- Pet’s toy that has your scent
- Necessary supplies for your pet during the trip
- It is important that your pet adapt more quickly to their new surroundings and sleep better during the flight. Therefore, plan a pre-flight workout for your pet
Why choose JetBlue Airlines?
- Whenever you travel with your pet, you can earn additional rewards on your flight tickets. If you are already a member of JetBlue’s TrueBlue, you can earn additional 300 rewards. If not, you may sign up for the same on the official website of the airlines.
- Despite the pet carrier, there is most legroom in the coach for your legs. If you want, you may purchase extra space up to 7’’ with early boarding.
- JetBlue airlines ensure that you and your fur buddy are happy, feel comfortable, and safe while traveling. Therefore, they have specifically trained crew to look after you during the journey.
- JetBlue best fare finder allows you to book a budget-friendly flight ticket for your air travel. If you wish to enjoy luxurious services, you may pay for the same.
Though the article is self-explanatory, if you still face issues, you may either visit the official website of the airlines or reach us at 1-800-918-3039. Our customer support will not only help you with solutions but also help you find the best deal for your air travel.