Patience, calm, and self-control. Officers cannot afford to panic and must be able to maintain their composure in all circumstances;
- The basics of first aid;
- Know the different alarm and monitoring equipment;
- Maintain vigilance, pay attention to the slightest details, and be aware of unusual changes.
- In the event of a problem, the agents must be able to make the best decision very quickly by respecting the general framework of the instructions;
- They must indeed be able to defuse a dangerous situation by avoiding recourse to physical contact as much as possible;
- Ability to exercise authority;
- An excellent presentation. He is the first image that visitors see of the company;
- Compliance with the rules. They must respect the legislation, and the instructions are given by their employer.
PROFESSIONAL APTITUDE Of A security Guard
Professional aptitude can be obtained at the end of one of the following training courses:
The professional title of prevention and security agent (TFP‑APS)*. At the end of this 175-hour training, trainees will have acquired the theoretical and practical knowledge necessary for employment and the function of prevention and security officer,
A title of professional certification registered in the National Directory of professional certifications relating to their activity (examples: Security and intervention agent, Multi-purpose security agent, Prevention and security agent, Dog handler specialized in detection, CAP security agent , etc.)
An equivalent diploma recognised by security guard company. Professional aptitude can also be obtained by equivalence:
Through the continuous exercise of the profession between September 10, 2004 and September 9, 2005 inclusive,
By practicing the profession for at least 1,607 hours during a period of 18 months between September 10, 2004 and September 9, 2008 inclusive,
Through professional experience (Validation of acquired experience – VAE) as a national police officer, gendarme, judicial police officer or agent, or even assistant judicial police officer.
Training can only begin after obtaining authorization from the National Council for Private Security Activities (Cnaps) , the public authority responsible for approving, monitoring and advising private security professions (dependent on the Ministry of Interior). This authorization is issued in the form of a registration number valid for six months.
Its conditions of practice vary according to its sector of intervention:
Fire Safety Officer
Security agent specializing in fire prevention or Firewatch, he works in places open to the public and subject to important regulations in terms of security.
Its missions: rounds to check the proper functioning of fire alarm systems and/or emergency equipment, listing of equipment malfunctions, securing the premises if necessary and guiding emergency teams.
Security agent specialized in the detection of possible problems, he works mainly on industrial sites.
Its missions: to monitor strategic locations for the risk of sabotage, theft or fire, to ensure the proper functioning of machines.
The remote monitoring operator
A security officer specializing in surveillance , he ensures the proper flow of information and the proper application of instructions.
The security dog officer
Security guard specializing in surveillance accompanied by a dog The latter serves mostly as a deterrent.
The store inspector
A security officer employed directly by shopping centers or shops, he is responsible for preventing thefts, attacks and malicious acts.
His missions: welcome customers, make rounds in the store, arrest people, control surveillance cameras.
Security officer training
Accessible without a diploma, becoming a security guard nevertheless requires being of legal age, having a clean criminal record and being in possession of a compulsory professional card issued by the prefect and valid for 5 years (and which is obtained at least for holders of a Certificate of Professional Qualification).
Several solutions are available to you, accessible both in the context of initial training and in that of continuing education, allowing easy professional retraining as a security guard.
- CAP security officer. It is accessible beginning on the 3rd and is prepared in two years to prevent certain abhorrent crimes such as theft, break-in, and damage. Holders of the Safety Officer CAP may also present the Fire Extinguishers Auditor CAP in one year because of the associated knowledge.
- CAP fire extinguisher inspector. Accessible from the 3rd year, it takes two years to prepare and provides advice on the purchase, installation and use of fire extinguishers. Holders of the Extinguisher Appliance Verifier CAP may also present the Safety Agent CAP in one year because of the associated knowledge.
- TM safety of spaces open to the public. Accessible after a CAP, it can be prepared in 1 year.
- BP technical agent for prevention and security. Accessible after a CAP, it takes two years to prepare and provides training in both risk prevention and disaster response.
- Vocational baccalaureate in security professions It is prepared two years after a CAP or three years after the third and prepares for the numerous security, safety, and public service professions.service professions. order, the protection of people, property and the environment.
- DUT in environmental health and safety. Accessible after a BAC, it prepares in two years and trains in risk management, health and safety at work as well as environmental protection, within companies and administrations.
- Professional license security of goods and people. Accessible after a BAC+2, it can be prepared in 1 year.
NB Occupational lifeguard (SST) or first aid (PSC1) training is highly valued by employers.
In the context of professional development or reorientation, it is possible to become a security guard through continuing education by preparing most of the diplomas mentioned above but also the CQP – Certificate of Professional Qualification as a security guard. prevention and security (CAP level) issued by the prevention and security professional branch or the Professional Title of Private Safety and Security Agent (A2SP pro title).
Training such as SSIAP1 (Fire Safety and Assistance to Persons Service), SST (Occupational Rescuer-First Aid) or HOBO (Electrical Habilitation) are additional certificates that give you a better chance of finding a job. .
Qualifications required to become a security guard
This profession requires a very good physical condition but not only.
Patience, sense of observation, composure, sense of responsibility, autonomy and editorial quality (for the number of reports to be written) are all qualities that must be possessed to exercise the profession of security guard.
The selection to obtain the professional card and become a private security guard is strict since only 40% of candidates obtain the card, which is compulsory to practice the profession in the private sector.
security officer salary
The salary of a beginner security guard is close to the minimum wage. It depends on the level of training, his experience and the responsibilities of the position
Where does the security guard work?
A security guard can practice his profession in many places either in a private security company or by being directly employed by a company. In particular, he can practice in the following structures:
- medical institution
- Recreation Park
Trends in the profession
There are more and more recruitments because the needs are great, whether for field positions or for management positions.
If you want to read more click Here