QuickBooks is an outstanding accounting software available in the market. It has proved to be superior to other softwares in terms of variety of tools, affordability, user-friendly interface, new updates, customer service etc.
The users of this software, however, encounter many errors while working on it. The QuickBooks Error 6073 is one such error that belongs to the category of 6000 error series. Like other errors in the 6000 error series, this error gets triggered when the user attempts to open the company file.
To know the various causes as well as solutions for this error, you can read this article till the end.
Are you unable to quickly fix the QuickBooks Error 6073? Dial 1.855.738.2784 to contact our QB Professionals Team.
Common Symptoms of the Error 6073 in QuickBooks
The Error 6073 in QuickBooks can be identified through the following symptoms:
- The QB application on the system will be inactive to your commands.
- You may confront problems in moving to other windows on your computer due to this error.
- The screen will look hazy and it will be difficult to work properly on the QB desktop.
- It is also possible that your computer may shut down straightaway and the QB application may fail to properly open on rebooting the system.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Connection Has Been Lost
What are the top reasons for the QB Error Code 6073?
The QB Error Code 6073 primarily occurs on the screen due to the following reasons:
- This error code arises when the company file is opened by some other user on a different workstation in the single user mode.
- If you do not have full permission to access the company file in the network folder, you can confront this error.
- This error also occurs if the user attempts to access the company file via a remote software such as GotoMyPc.
Reliable Solutions to Eradicate the QB Error Message 6073
To quickly and effectively resolve the QB Error Message 6073, you can use these reliable solutions:
Solution. 1: Seamlessly eliminate this error by using the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- To use this solution, you should first open your web browser and download the latest version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub from the website of the Intuit.
- As soon as you have downloaded and saved the tool hub file (QuickBooksToolHub.exe) on the system, you should open it and start the installation of the tool hub by following the appropriate steps.
- At this point, you should open the tool hub and promptly navigate to the ‘Company File Issues’ tab to strike on the ‘Run QuickBooks File Doctor’ tool.
- You can use the ‘Browse and search’ option to look for your company file in the ‘Run QuickBooks File Doctor’ tool.
- After identifying your company file in this tool, you should mark the ‘Check your file’ checkbox and tap the ‘Continue’ button. Now, type the admin password and hit the ‘Next’ button to commence the scanning of the company file.
- When the scanning has solved all the issues, you can open the company file.
Solution. 2: Easily rectify this error by opening the company file in multi-user mode on the host computer
- To implement this solution, you must open your host computer and log into your company file.
- Now you can proceed to strike on the ‘File’ menu and check the ‘Switch to multi-user mode’ checkbox on the screen.
- At this point, you should attempt to open the company file. If you are successful, the error is rectified. Otherwise, you must promptly reboot all the computers connected to your network.
Solution. 3: Grant approval to the users facing this error to access the company file in the network folder
- First and foremost, you should open the system where your company file is located. Afterwards, you must perform right-click on the folder holding your company file and tap the ‘Properties’ button.
- At this point, you can strike on the ‘Security’ tab and choose the user confronting this error.
- Now proceed to tap on the ‘Edit’ button and ensure that the ‘Allow’ checkbox is marked for the ‘Full Control’ option.
- To complete this procedure, you should tap the ‘Apply’ button and hit the ‘OK’ tab.
Solution 4: Execute the Quick Fix my Program tool if the company file is accessed through a remote software
- As per the process explained in the first solution, you should download the QuickBooks Tool Hub on your system.
- Now move toward the icon of the QB tool hub and strike on the ‘Program Problems’ button. Afterwards, you can hit the ‘Quick Fix my Program’ tool to start the execution of this tool.
- When the ‘Quick Fix my Program’ tool has completed its full execution, you should open the QB application and log into the company file.
Solution 5: Get rid of this error by closing all the QB processes from the Windows Task Manager
- To utilize this solution, you should open your server computer and sign into the Windows operating system with admin rights.
- Now launch the Windows Task Manager on the system by pressing the ‘Ctrl’, ‘Alt’ and ‘Delete’ keys simultaneously on your keyboard and hit the ‘Processes’ tab.
- At this point, you should proceed to the ‘Users’ tab and make sure to select all the QB processes currently running on the computer.
- Now strike on the ‘End Task’ button. This will ensure that all the QB processes are stopped from executing on the computer.
- Move out of the Windows Task Manager and log into the company file in the multi-user mode.
This article has provided you the most detailed and authentic information of the QuickBooks Error 6073. Since this error prevents you from accessing the company file, it is extremely important to eliminate it as soon as possible. You must read this article attentively and implement these solutions in the correct sequence for prompt rectification of the error.
If you feel that you need more assistance, just dial 1.855.738.2784 to contact our QB Experts Team.