Gmail is one of the commonly used platforms to communicate personally and professionally. Many multinational companies use it due to the better interface and the advanced features. Gmail offers much-advanced level functionality that helps individuals and enterprises, including Google docs, calendars, contacts, notes, etc. Moreover, if you want to import PST to Gmail, which can offer you excellent security while importing files, kindly stay on this write-up to know more. Multiple approaches exist which the user can look to transfer files.
In general, the native method allows importing Outlook PST into the Gmail account, but this method does not offer a seamless transfer. This disadvantage laid to the rise in the usage of third-party software. We will take on the manual and the third-party solution, but first, we will check some more reasons behind the migration.
Several Reasons to Import PST to Gmail
Gmail is a standalone application that works independently and saves its data on the cloud. This means the user access their data anytime without the requirement of installing any software. Today, most users spend their time on their smartphones rather than desktops. Gmail is compatible with working on all mobile operating systems, iOS, Android, etc. In simpler terms, Gmail is not dependent on any hardware; the user can run it on any device & can access their data.
But that is not sufficient. There are more advantages while switching from Outlook to Gmail. Let’s explore more of them:
- Google provides sufficient space for saving data and does not limit users to increase the size. On the other hand, the increase in PST file size beyond the permissible limit causes vulnerability.
- Compared to other emailing clients, Gmail offers a better interface and has greater features.
- User having a single Gmail account/ID is authorized to use several other applications through a single click.
- Users can save & download the contacts and also set continuous archiving.
- The password recovery process is way simpler & quicker than any other platform. You will only require mentioning your details like your mobile/phone number.
- Gmail offers better safety features than most the other emailing client.
Method to Import Outlook PST file into Gmail
As we have seen, there is an immense benefit to moving toward Gmail. These all reasons favor and make a need for PST to Gmail migration. If you have lots of emails and want to move them into a Gmail account, kindly check out the below-mentioned methods.
- Manual Method
- Professional Solution
If we look at the available approaches for migration, then the first manual method comes to mind. This approach will not cost a single buck to import PST to Gmail, but it has its advantages & disadvantages. Let’s look at how this approach will work.
- Firstly, the user needs to login into their Gmail account with the email id & password.
- Then, there will be a need to click on the gear tool situated in the top right corner.
- After that, a settings menu will open up.
- Go to the quick setting tab. Just click on ‘See all settings’.
- Later on, click on the ‘Forwarding and POP/IMAP’ Tab.
- You need to scroll down a bit to the IMAP section of your account
- Click on Enable IMAP setting and click on the Save button to make new changes.
After furnishing the above steps, we will configure the Gmail account with MS Outlook.
Quick Launch the Outlook & after that, follow the below-mentioned procedure:
- You need to move towards File & choose Add Account.
- Now, you need to enter the email id and make a click on Connect.
- After that, fill in your Password and click connects.
- A few moments later, a successful Configuration will show up. Click on Done.
The manual method described above is one of the migration techniques but sometimes does not generate the desired output. Hence, it creates the need for professional software to import PST to Gmail which will certainly helps to deliver the better result. Continue reading to know more about such solution.
Alternate & Professional Method for Importing PST files into Gmail Account
If you need a safer & better approach to importing .pst in Gmail, you can consider using the third-party software. One such professional utility is Shoviv Gmail backup & restore software. It offers multiple user-centric features to help you in the migration.
Explore some of its key functionality:
The software makes sure to eliminate the file’s duplicity, which can hamper the output of the import process. The user can also set the particular period to process an item using the software. While processing any item, if the time exceeds the predefined limit, it skips that item. Users can add an infinite number of PST files to the software and process them all simultaneously.
This tool is embedded with such advanced functions as Mailbox Threat count, which can increase its processing speed. It also offers the data filter option. Using this feature, the user can easily include and even exclude any item based on Item data range & folder filter criteria.
We have looked at why users can look towards switching to Gmail. The manual method comes with no cost, but it is difficult for most users to use. Alternatively, the third-party solution to import PST to Gmail offers safety, advanced features, and the desired outcome. So, it is better to implement such new technology which helps to make migration process more seamless. The above-mentioned tool comes with the free trial version, and using it, and users can import the first fifty items from PST to Gmail.