Having excelled in the areas, including printing and other efficient functions such as copying, scanning, and faxing of documents, HP printers are the choicest among the existing printer manufacturers around the world. It’s renowned for all the handy operations that can be performed effortlessly by the students as well as the professionals.
However, similar to several other printer brands, HP printers come across certain issues that cause hindrances in your printer’s performance and eventually a delay in your tasks. One such error is HP Printer Driver is Unavailable Error, due to which you will notice your printer getting unresponsive. It may trouble you for a while and leave you in a situation of panic, but there are several techniques to overcome the issue, so panicking is needless here.
HP LaserJet printer uses the Laser technique to print, scan, and copy documents. These models are widely used in the enterprise, industries, and home offices and you can get print output in Black, White, and Color
There are certain reasons possibly responsible for the HP Printer Driver is Unavailable Error resulting in the printer’s indifferent behavior. To understand what’s causing the error, you can initiate checking out the basic amenities like printer connections, ink cartridges, and paper trays. The next thing you can keep an eye on are the error codes with a string of messages letting you know the issue and fixing technique. Also, you can check the warning lights on your devices.
Most importantly, you need to check whether your HP printer driver is outdated, corrupted, or incompatible with the HP printer model you own. The inaccurate printer driver may be the reason for the unresponsiveness of your HP printer.
You can deal with the “HP printer driver is unavailable error” by using the methods discussed below:
Update your Windows operating system
Try updating your Windows operating system in order to make your printer start printing again. Updating Windows will also ensure the stability and security of your system. To update your Windows, you can follow the steps given below:
- Go to the Start menu at the bottom left of your desktop.
- Next, click to open the Settings menu.
- Go to the Update and Security option.
- With this option selected, the Windows will begin to search for an update, and on finding one, will install the update automatically.
- Once the update gets completed, restart your system and attempt a test print to check if the problem is gone.
Reinstall your printer driver
- Go to the Start menu and insert Device Manager in the search box.
- You will see a Device Manager option in the search result. Click to open it.
- Locate the Print queues category and click to expand it.
- Next, right-click on your printer and select Uninstall device from the opened menu.
- Confirm to uninstall and wait until the process completes.
- Now, restart your PC and attempt a test print.
Update printer driver
In case if the above methods couldn’t prove their mettle, you can try updating your printer driver as another effective way that will surely get the printer to work. To update your printer driver, follow the steps given below:
- Press Windows + R to launch a Run dialog box.
- In the available space, type devmgmt.msc and press Enter key.
- Go to the sub-menu of Print queues and right-click on your printer enlisted, and then click on Update driver.
- Now, you will be asked to choose a method to update the driver. Select ‘Browse my computer for driver download.’ Once the file gets downloaded double-click on it to update.
- Now, check if the printer has started working. If yes, go to the official website of Microsoft and download ‘wushowhide.diagcab’ package.
- Run the program and click on Next.
- Select the Hide Updates option.
- If the update is available, click on it to select and proceed to update.
Uninstall your HP printer
You can also try uninstalling the HP printer application to make your printer work. To do so, you need to take the following steps:
- Open the Control Panel on your Windows PC.
- Now click on View by and select Large icons.
- Now click on the ‘Devices and Printers’ option.
- Now launch the Run dialog box using the keyboard shortcut Windows + R.
- Now, in the available space, type ‘appwiz.cpl’ and press Enter key.
- A Program and feature window will open up. From there uninstall the HP printer application.
- Next, open the Device Manager and click to expand Print queues.
- Now, right-click on your HP printer and select ‘Uninstall device.’
- Follow the instructions online to complete the uninstallation.
- Next, restart your PC.
- Then connect your PC and your HP printer and install HP printer drivers via HP’s official website.
- Now, go for printing a document. Your document should now be printing without facing an error.
visit to our site:- 123.hp.com/laserjet