Summary: This blog will guide you to transfer OST Emails to Office 365 account without any data loss. If you want to know about the import process, then read the complete article to the end.
Microsoft 365 has risen to the top of Microsoft’s cloud offerings. It has hundreds of millions of users globally and provides Microsoft with the most profit. Although Exchange Server is the primary email server used by organisations, Exchange Online, which is included in Microsoft 365 Enterprise and Business, allows enterprises more freedom in how they access their emails.
The mailboxes’ security standards are identical to those of on-premises Exchange Server, but they may be accessed from any device or location. Users must transfer both OST and PST files when migrating from on-premises Exchange to Microsoft 365. The offline data file (OST file) is a copy of the Exchange mailbox data, whereas the online data file (PST file) stores critical emails, contacts, notes, sent items, attachments, calendar information, and so on. Because of the OST file, the Outlook account stays active even when the connection between Outlook and Exchange Server is down. When the connection is re-established, the data is calibrated with Exchange Server. A user may want to import OST to Microsoft 365 for a variety of reasons, including advanced cloud advantages, the avoidance of Exchange outages, the necessity for a secure environment, organisational shifts or migrations, and so on.
Why Need to Migrate OST File to Office 365
The use of a cloud platform like Office 365 to store Exchange mailbox data has several advantages. You may view all Office 365 emails from any computer, anywhere, if you have an internet connection. Many Exchange customers desire to backup their Exchange mails to Office 365. One may migrate their Offline Outlook Data File (OST) to Office 365 accounts to help with this, and there are several ways to do so.
There are a few reasons why customers might want to migrate their OST files to Office 365 before that.
- To avoid Exchange crashes and provide a stable platform.
- Because of the benefits of Office 365, there has been a transformation in the organisation.
- After an unintentional deletion, material may be accessed quickly in a secure environment.
- To save time and money by avoiding major Exchange maintenance downtime.
The manual methods for importing OST files emails to Office 365 will be discussed in this post. There is no way to directly upload your OST files to your Microsoft 365 accounts. To convert and import/export the data, the user must devise certain workaround solutions.
Method 1: Convert an OST file to a PST file and then import it into Microsoft 365.
The first manual technique is an indirect way in which you convert OST file data to PST and then import the PST file into Microsoft 365 since PST file import is supported by Microsoft 365 Security & Compliance.
The steps for creating PST files are as follows:
1. Select File from the File menu in Outlook.
2. Select Import/Export wizard under Open & Export.
3. Select the ‘Export to a file’ option after launching the Import/Export wizard.
4. Select ‘Outlook Data File (.pst)’ as the second option and click Next.
5. The wizard will display all of the Outlook OST mailbox account’s folders to you. Select Include Subfolders from the drop-down menu and then select Next.
6. To specify the location of the PST file, click the Browse option. Select how you want to deal with duplicate items from the selections. Then click Finish to complete the process.
7. Your OST mailbox account’s data has been transferred to a new PST file.
Note that the above-mentioned approach cannot be used to migrate OST file data like message rules, folder settings, custom views, meeting schedules, and so on.
The second step is utilising either the Network Upload or Drive Shipping methods to import the PST files into Microsoft 365.
Before beginning the operation, make sure the Mailbox Import Export role is assigned to the Microsoft 365 mailboxes. To do so, log in to the account’s Exchange Admin Center, navigate to Permissions, and double-click the mouse to open Organization Management. To save it, go to the Add option, add the Mailbox import-export role, and then click Save.
Method 2: Transfer OST Emails to Office 365 Using Third-Party Solution
Any migration to Microsoft 365 should be carried out using professional software. It does not necessitate any complicated procedures or requirements; all you need is the data from your PST files and your Microsoft 365 account credentials. You may buy any programme that meets your needs and provides all of the benefits of migrating.
The most effective OST converter tool for instantly and securely migrating OST or PST files to the Cloud platform is our suggestion. For a complete list of the tool’s features, go to the tool’s website. Begin the exclusive migration process now!
Follow the given steps to move OST emails to office 365 webmail account.
1. Install and Run SysConverter for OST on your system.
2. Select Open >> Email Data File >>> OST File >> Select File from Folder.
3. Click on Export and choose the office 365 option.
4. Enter your Office 365 account login details and hit on the Save button.
Finish! Here complete the OST to Office migration process. Now you can access your OST file data in the O 365 account without any interruption.
Let’s take a look at what we’ve learnt thus far. We started by going over the basics of Office 365 and why you would wish to import your OST emails. Then we went over how to accomplish it step-by-step. Finally, we presented OST Converter, the most user-friendly third-party application. This programme makes importing your emails simple thanks to its user-friendly UI and robust capabilities. So, how long are you going to be waiting? Give it a go right now!