QuickBooks is one of the largest accounting software used by business persons across the world for bookkeeping and managing their business. QuickBooks Desktop software is very much user friendly, and users find it comfortable enough for their business. But like every other software, QB also has some bugs and errors. One such error is QuickBooks Error 15106. This particular error occurs when users try to update their payroll. This error occurs in QB 2017 and QB 2018 with the error name QuickBooks 2017 Error 15106 & QuickBooks 2018 Error 15106 respectively.
In this blog, we will try to understand QuickBooks Error 15106 and the causes behind its occurrence. Moreover, we will also explain you the methods by which you can wipe out this error from your computer. Therefore, you need to pay full attention to the blog in order to fix this by yourself. If after reading and executing the steps mentioned in this blog you come across any difficulty, call our QB expert for help at our 1.855.738.2784
What is QuickBooks Error 15106?
QuickBooks Error 15106 is an error which comes when you try to update the program. Many users get this error with the message displayed as The update program damaged or the update program cannot be opened. Although this error occurs in every version of QB but users having QB 2017 and QB 2018 counter this error more frequently.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 15243
Troubleshooting Steps to Fix Error 15106
- If you have not logged in as an admin, firstly log in as an Administrator. This may support in fixing QuickBooks update error 15106. In case the issue persists, check out the second method.
- Spy Sweeper generates trouble. You can check out if it is present in your system. For checking that, open the Windows Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
- Now, click on the Processes Tab and search for Spy Sweeper.exe.
- You can do one of the below things-
If it is in the processes tab, delete or uninstall it by opening Add/Remove Programs in the Windows. This can help in fixing Error 15106.
If you do not find the Spy Sweeper in the computer system, then open drive C and navigate C:\ Program Files\ Common Files\ Intuit\ QuickBooksXX\ components.
- After that reset QuickBooks update after renaming download<nn> to downloadqb<nn> old. This will help in resolving QB error code 15106.
- In case the above-mentioned troubleshooting steps fail to fix Error Code 15106, then turn off the UAC for some time as per the Windows used by the user.
In this blog, we tried to understand QuickBooks Error 15106 and the reasons due to which it occurs. Also, we discussed various methods by which we can troubleshoot this payroll error. If you find any difficulty in resolving this error by yourself, call our QB expert at our 1.855.738.2784