Introduction to Instagram for Business
Instagram initially started in 2010 as a social media platform that made use of the relatively new concept of photo sharing as its primary means of communication as opposed to text. With the explosive growth of smartphone sales in the next decade, along with their enhanced capabilities. Instagram has blossomed into one of the most popular social media platforms in the world, with over 2 billion users. It has also been largely responsible for the onset of ‘social media influencers. It is a phenomenon where brands pay a certain fee to people with large audiences to promote their products on their feed or be a part of digital marketing campaigns.
Facebook (now Meta) acquired Instagram in 2012. Since then It has been able to actively grow its business focus and many users now use the platform to sell products and make a living. Many customers also use Instagram to leave eCommerce customer feedback about their experiences with a brand, In this article, we will take a look at the steps involved in creating an Instagram business account, how to sell on Instagram, and some useful tips to make the most of running a business on Instagram.
Steps to Create an Instagram Business Account
Creating a Personal Account From Scratch
- First, download the Instagram app for the smartphone platform you are using such as IOS or Android.
- Tap on the app and click “Sign Up”.
- Fill out your email address. If you want to connect this account with your Facebook page or grant multiple users access to the same account, you will need to use an admin email or you can select “Login With Facebook”.
- Select your username and password. The username is different from your account name and can be edited if you desire.
- Fill in the rest of your profile information such as your bio, profile picture, and more. If you have connected a Facebook account, you may be prompted to sign in.
- Click on “Next”. You have now created a personal Instagram account. To switch this to a business account, follow the steps below.
Switching an Existing Personal Account to a Business Account
- Go to your profile page and tap the menu in the top right corner
- Click on “Settings”. You may be able to switch to a business account directly from this page. If the option appears, select it. If it doesn’t, follow the remaining steps.
- Select “Account” and choose “Business”.
- If you want to connect a Facebook account, you will need to do it again here by following the suggested steps.
- Choose the category that is relevant to your business.
- Enter the remaining contact information and click on “Done”.
5 Tips to Run a Successful Business on Instagram
Expand the Number of Followers on Your Account
The number of followers an account has may not directly translate to the number of sales and conversions your business will generate. However, it can increase the trust consumers have in your company by legitimizing it as a relatively well-known brand. There are many tactics to increase the follower count of your page. If you want to do it organically, you will have to post repeatedly and ensure you get on top of certain trends. However, there are websites that sell followers for a certain amount of money although Instagram may penalise you if it catches you in the act.
Edit Your Posts to Fit Your Brand Image
We encourage you to stick to a consistent brand image for all your posts and this could be using similar filters or editing tools. While Instagram itself has a decent amount of editing capabilities, it would be wise to use platforms such as Canva or Snapseed to add a little dash of exuberance to your posts, reels and stories, which will help them resonate more with your instagram follower kaufen.
Use Creative Captions and Hashtags
Captions may not seem like an important part of Instagram since it is an image-focused app but they do count for a lot. Especially among people that actually decide to read them. It is because it could make the difference between people viewing your brand as just another company as opposed to appealing to their desire to buy the products that you are offering. The fun part about Instagram is that captions don’t have to be serious and to the point like on eCommerce selling platforms. They can be witty, funny or any other emotion that you want to bring out. Additionally, the proper use of hashtags is extremely important so that your posts will be visible to the right audience.
Try Out New Instagram Features
Instagram constantly pushes out new features and chooses to place emphasis on certain types of posts. Sometime back, it was stories but now the action has shifted to reels, short videos that are typically less than 2 minutes in length. According to what the latest trends are, you need to adapt your posting style to capitalise on the hype so that your posts will automatically receive as much attention as possible.
Use Every Postable Format
Instagram generally has 4 types of formats – stories, posts, videos and reels, and they all have their place in the overall appeal and appearance of your account. Stories can be used to highlight events, posts can be about providing useful information about your company. It’s products, reels can be used to increase publicity and videos can be tutorials of how to use certain commodities and more. Actively using all these formats will ensure your account is always active and your followers will always have content to engage with.
Examples for Successful Instagram Business:
- Instagram Influencer
- Product Reviewer
- Instagram Manager
- Social Commerce Seller
- Affiliate Marketer
You can also use your Instagram account and Instagram Story to share affiliate links to specific products or services. This helps you earn a commission on each sale.
- Digital Product Seller
If you sell digital products like ebooks or printables, you can use Instagram as your main method of sharing your offerings with potential customers.
- Event Photographer
- Stock Photographer
- Instagram food channel
- fashion blogger
- lifestyle blogger
- lifestyle influencer
- Image consulting specialist
- Fitness coach- yoga coach(body yoga or face yoga), gym trainer, weight loss expert, gut specialist etcetra.
- Baker – another form of food blogging but here you can start your bakery business to sell products and services
- Online consultants
- DIY Blogging- You can focus on your Instagram account to post tutorials and DIY projects to help your followers learn new techniques. Then you can work with sponsors and brands that offer supplies for your projects.
Is Instagram Worth It?
It’s the most widely used app: Because Instagram is one of the most widely used social media apps worldwide, you may reach a larger audience.
Its user base is enormous: Globally, users log onto social media for 4-6 hours every day. There are a lot of eyes on that, with over a billion users worldwide!
It’s a fun social media channel: For selling things, Instagram has a very user-friendly platform. Additionally helps offer creators a chance to interact with their fans directly and develop relationships. To start promoting your products, just add pictures and videos.
If you are a business owner that is trying to sell your products online and expand your services to sell on Instagram then it is a relatively easy and low-risk option. If you are able to find the right niche and an audience that will purchase your products. It would be beneficial to partner with a 3PL company to fulfill your orders. So that you can focus on the core aspects of your business such as marketing and product research. Companies such as WareIQ and ShipBob, provide services such as ultra-fast delivery, inventory storage, warehouse automation and much more.