QuickBooks is a user-friendly software providing user-friendly bookkeeping solutions. It is an advanced solution and provides many handy tools. for instance, QB POS is a useful add-on for those handling retail businesses. It has made contactless payment receiving easy, along with management of inventory, and smooth integration of e-commerce solutions. Overall, it provides great benefits, however, it also has many bugs. For instance, the QuickBooks errors.
What is QuickBooks Error 3180?
You can get Quickbooks error code 3180, which is one of many bugs that users face in the software. Whenever using POS, Payroll, or desktop version of the QB software, this issue will occur. With the help of this article, we will learn important facts about Quickbooks error code 3180.
Causes that Lead to Quickbooks Error Code 3180
Many users can be behind Quickbooks error code 3180. Hence, we will list down all possible causes that may lead to this issue. It will be a helpful list, as you will protect the system against that scenario that might cause this issue. Let’s break the causes in detail.
- Firstly, the mapping of the sales tax payable account wasn’t done correctly.
- The users have been mistakenly using the taarget account for sales tax payable for many receipt items instead of one.
- Also, mistakenly, a paid out was created in the sales tax payable account.
- The sales tax item won’t link to vendors.
- Also, the items are linked to an account that is currently inactive, or this account has been deleted.
Fixes For Quickbooks error code 3180: The Solutions
There are many solutions available to fix the issue. However, we listed only the effective methods to resolve the Quickbooks error code 3180. It will help you fix the issue even if they pop up repeatedly. Follow the methods carefully to avoid any failure in-between the troubleshooting process.
Solution 1: Running Financial Exchange
- Firstly, the QB user has to reverse their voucher.
- After that, they can re-create it accurately. Now, they need to run the financial exchange.
- Again, go to the accounts–> home page–> choose sales history
- Now, look for all the items affected here, note them down and follow the next instructions.
- After that, go to the home menu again, click the item list option, and choose the edit option.
- Now, click the account mapping option again, it has to be set properly under QuickBooks.
- Finally, check whether the affected accounts are active or not.
- Lastly, click the save button and again run the financial exchange.
Solution 2: During Non-Receipt Issue
- Firstly, open the QB point of sale program. After that, click the sales history option.
- After that, right-click a column and click the customize columns option.
- Also, ensure that you have selected the QuickBooks status option.
- After that, look for the incomplete receipts, and if any receipt looks paid out for sales tax payable, choose the receipt and click reverse receipt on it.
- Finally, use a non-sales tax payable account. After that, re-create the paid-out account. Also, run the financial exchange again.
Also Read: Fix QuickBooks Error 15102 Simple Steps
We tried our best to help you fix the Quickbooks status code 3180 without any interruptions. However, if these solutions weren’t helpful, then we suggest you get in touch with an error support team. It will help you resolve the issue in no time. you will also get expert tips on how to best use the QuickBooks software.
Apart from that, make sure you check out the guide for all other errors like this. QuickBooks keeps receiving errors, hence you must be aware of frequent errors, just like the Quickbooks error code 3180. Apart from Quickbooks status code 3180, many other errors have similar solutions. It is better advised to try fixing methods more than once to check their effectiveness.