QuickBooks error 3371 usually occurs while you attempt to re-configure your system or when you try to activate QuickBooks. This error may also pop up in case of damaged company files. This error is often associated with a damaged QB system file, namely ‘entitlementDataStore.ECML’. To know about this error, ensure that you go through this article till the very end. Our expert team provides you with the most reliable support and ensures that all your queries and issues get resolved in a timely manner. This article enumerates the various causes and the necessary troubleshooting measures for fixing the QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118.
Also read: Shop Online Securely And Easily
What causes QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118?
There are numerous factors that may lead to the QB Error Status Code 1118. These include:
- The QBregistration.dat and MSXML folders contain damaged files.
- Windows hasn’t been updated.
- Third-party programs causing problems
- Network problem
- Before importing, import the.QBO file.
Methods to resolve the QuickBooks Error 3371
There is a myriad of factors that may bring about QB Error 3371. These are mentioned as follows:
Method 1: Remove the ECML file
- Press the‘ Win+R’ keys together to open the Run Window.
- Once the run window pops up on the screen, you need to enter the following path: ‘C:\ProgramData\intuit\Entitlement\Client\v8’
- Press ‘ Enter.’
- Select the ECML file and press the ‘delete’
- Run QB.
- Now, you need to register it one more time.
- Delete the file titled ‘Entitlement DataStore.ecml.’
- Check if the Error 3371got fixed. If it still continues to trouble you, jump to the following method.
Method 2: Update your Windows package
- In the start menu, go to ‘All programs.’
- Choose ‘Window Update.’
- Then, head to ‘check for updates.’
- Now, reinstall and update QB Desktop again.
Once the update process is complete, check if the error got resolved. If not, move to the following method.
Method 3: Install the Latest Windows Update
- It is necessary that you install the latest windows update on your system.
- Now, navigate to All Programs from the Start menu.
- Search for ‘Windows Update’ and hit the ‘Enter’
Method 4: Rename the claim file
To rename the claim file, follow the directions given below:
For Windows Operating System
- Navigate to ‘Start,’
- Click on ‘Run.’ You can alternately press the ‘Win+R’ keys together to open the Run window.
- Type in the path
‘C: Documents and Settings/ AllUsers/Application/Data/Intuit/Entitlement Clientv2.’
- Select ‘OK.’
- Rename the ‘DataStore. ECML file.
For Windows Operating System with seven users
- Firstly, check out ‘C: ProgramDataIntuitEntitlementClientv*’
- Rename the Entitlement file.
- Once you open QB, the software will automatically generate a new fill.
- In case the program data folder is invisible, unhide it by following the directions below:
- Go through the following steps: Computer> Organize > Folder > Search options.
- Make hidden files and folders visible Screenshot
- The user must then search for the Hidden Files and Folders option.
Access QB and check whether the Error Code 3371 got fixed.
Method 5: Use the QuickBooks tool hub
- Download and Install the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Launch the tool and select the option ‘Quick Fix My Program.’
- Proceed to the installation issues, and then search for Error 3371.
- Once identified, fix the error.
- Select ‘OK.’
- Check if the error got fixed. If not, head to the following method.
Method 6: Use the install diagnostic tool
The Install diagnostic tool is an integral feature in the QuickBooks Tool Hub. You can use this feature to run the diagnosis and check if the error gets resolved or not. To use the tool, follow the steps below:
- Open the QB Tool Hub.
- Head to ‘installation Issue.’
- Then opt for ‘QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.’
- Run the tool.
- Wait for the process to conclude.
- Once the process is over, restart your system.
Method 7: Resolve it manually
- Recreate the destroyed entitlement file first. The user must then fix the license and registration issues.
- Repair these files with QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool: C++ problems, Microsoft NET Framework, MSXML file
- Perform a clean installation of the file.
- Finally, execute the reboot file to bring QuickBooks up to date.
We expect that the various troubleshooting methods included in this article helped you fix the QuickBooks Error 3371 status Code 11118. In case the issue doesn’t still get fixed, contact our QuickBooks Experts, who endeavor to resolve all your QB-related problems.