Summary – Do you want to extract contacts from PST? If yes, then you can read this post and learn the best method to abstract data from a PST file. Here, I am going to discuss the circumstances under which users need to extract PST files and effective techniques for the same. But before going to the principal section let me first brief you about the PST file.
In simple words, a PST file is a file format of MS Outlook and is used to store the data of Outlook users. It is one of the most commonly used email clients among the other available options. Outlook PST files hold all the important information of users but these files are very prone to corruption. And in order to access all your essential data, you have to extract email from the PST file.
There are many other reasons to extract PST file data. Some of the genuine reasons to withdraw PST files from Outlook are highlighted in the next section.
Reason to Extract Contacts From PST Files
- Users sometimes switch from one email client to another and they need to move contacts from the PST files.
- In case, the user opts for a new system then he/ she might want to have all the previous Outlook contacts.
- If you are changing from Windows to Mac or vice versa then you must have exported all the contacts from the PST file.
- At the time of transferring Outlook files between local folders or servers.
As of now, we have talked about the causes of this PST contact migration. So, now it is time to move to the major part of this guide and check out the methods of extraction.
Methods to Extract Data From Outlook PST
There are several methods to extract contacts from PST but all these procedures do not provide the required output. Therefore, I am going to share two strategies to complete the task. The two procedures are different from each other. The first method is the manual method and the second one is the automated method. Both the method is explained below along with the steps of execution.
Manual Method to Export PST File from Outlook
If you want to extract contacts from the PST file by performing the manual technique then follow the steps as written below –
- Open the MS Outlook application in your system
- Go to File >> Import/Export >> Open & Export tab.
- Choose Export to a File and hit the Next option.
- Select the (.PST) and go for Next.
- Now, choose the Contacts Folder and then click on Next.
- Go to the browse option and select the destination to store the output file.
- At last, you can also set a password for your file by selecting the Create the Password option.
With the help of the above-written steps, users can export contacts from PST file. But this procedure has some limitations because of which users do not prefer to implement it. The very common issues associated with this procedure are listed below.
Drawbacks of Manual Method
- The manual technique is slow and laborious.
- Users cannot perform this methodology without proper technical skills.
- The data is not secured in the manual migration process.
- Results may slightly vary or change from the accepted output.
These are a few disadvantages of utilizing the manual approach to conversion. In order to avoid such difficulties, I recommend taking help from a professional solution like MigrateEmails PST File Converter or DRS PST Converter. These are automated tools that extract contacts from PST file without Outlook.
Expert Method to Extract Contacts From Outlook PST File
DRS PST Converter is the best technique to move contacts from Outlook PST File. It is an automated tool that enables users to convert emails, attachments, contacts, calendars, etc. This smart software helps users to backup and transfer PST files into multiple file formats such as EML, MSG, MBOX, CSV, PDF, PNG, etc. The utility also migrates Outlook PST data into Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Opera Mail, and so on. Moreover, the application is very handy and secure to use.
In this blog, we have learned the methods to extract contacts from PST files. The manual method is complicated. It needs a good knowledge of Outlook settings and other technical points. Whereas, the automated mode is a hassle-free and reliable technique to shift contacts from the Outlook PST files. Thus, it can be concluded that the converter tool is the best way of forwarding PST data accurately.