QuickBooks is known as the best accounting application. It offers various advanced services and features that make accounting easier. While opening the company file to access data, users sometimes come across QuickBooks error 6190 77. This error code appears on the screen with a message, “We’re sorry. QuickBooks encountered a problem.” Multiple factors responsible for the error are damaged .tlg and .nd configuration files and network issues. Other reasons could be the incorrect path and restrictive firewall settings. Go through the blog to know about the troubleshooting solutions that can help you fix error 6190 77 in QuickBooks.
If you are searching for an instant resolution to fix QuickBooks error 6190 77, place a call on the QuickBooks tech support number 1.855.738.2784 and connect with certified QuickBooks professionals for advanced troubleshooting guidance
What are the factors that lead to QuickBooks error message 6190 77?
Following are some common reasons that give rise to this file error:
- The transaction log and network data file of QuickBooks are damaged and corrupted.
- The user is trying to access a damaged QuickBooks file.
- Using a mapped drive instead of a UNC path to open a company file.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Keeps Crashing
Quick Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks company file error 6190 77
Solution 1. Get the latest QuickBooks Tool Hub version to run QuickBooks File Doctor
- Close the QuickBooks file, exit the application and open the Intuit website on your browser.
- From the website, download the setup file of the latest QuickBooks Tool Hub version and save it to a location you can easily find, like the Windows Desktop.
- Open the setup file from the desktop, follow the instructions given on the screen and click on the agree to the terms and conditions checkbox.
- Now that installation completes, locate the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon on your desktop and double-click it.
- When the QuickBooks Tool Hub opens, go to the Company File Issues and select Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- From the File Doctor, scroll the drop-down to choose your company file. If your file is not there, click Browse and search it on your computer.
- After finding the file, mark the Check your file option and click Continue.
- Enter the admin password to log in the company file and click Next to run the tool.
Solution 2. Use UNC path to open the QuickBooks company file
- Move to desktop, right-click the QuickBooks icon and select the Run as administrator option.
- Go to the File menu, choose Open or Restore Company and select Open a company file.
- Click Next, go to the left pane and choose Network.
- Move to the company file location, choose your file and choose Open.
Solution 3. Repair the damaged QuickBooks folder
- Open C:drive, create a new folder and open the folder where the company file is saved.
- From the folder, look for the company file with the .qbw extension, choose Copy and paste it to the new folder.
- Set permissions on Windows to share company files, then open QuickBooks and open the company file from a new location.
This blog has covered the most effective solutions to fix QuickBooks error 6190 77. Hopefully, they will work for you to eliminate the issue. If you need guidance from experts to implement the steps, call us on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784 and communicate with certified QuickBooks professionals.