In this blog, here we will talk about download all emails from IMAP with a professional solution using the IMAP backup tool.
You could be utilizing email for work-related conversations, whether you’re a working professional or a self-employed individual. Individuals and companies may use email applications like MS Outlook to make emailing simple.
IMAP is an email protocol that allows you to synchronize your server’s emails with your email client. You can read the message topic and body in the email client, and you can use it to access your emails on any digital device.
IMAP allows you to transfer or delete emails without having to download them into the system. Any modifications made on one device will be reflected on the others.
IMAP data, like any other digital data, is exposed to a variety of dangers. As a result, backing up your emails on a regular basis is a good way to keep them safe. But do you know how to back up your Outlook IMAP data?
Why is it necessary for Download all Emails from IMAP?
The company does not want to lose any data, whether it is critical or not. The older material can be relocated to an archive folder, which will be created separately. Data loss can occur as a result of software crashes, malware/virus assaults, or computer damage. Phishing or user mismanagement can lead to data theft.
Because the business process may fail if the data is lost and no backup is available for restoration, saving the organization’s data may be a very helpful activity.
Outlook’s IMAP data should be backed up
When you set up an IMAP account in Outlook, it saves a local copy of IMAP mailboxes in OST format, which users may use to continue working on their mailboxes. However, if this OST file becomes corrupted or is accidentally deleted, you will be unable to retrieve the IMAP data without first connecting to the mailing server. As a result, you must back up your IMAP data on a regular basis.
We’ve listed a few options for backing up IMAP mailboxes in Outlook.
Back up an IMAP account that has been configured with Outlook using the manual method
Using Outlook 2013/2016’s “Import/Export” function is one of the quickest ways to backup IMAP emails. An OST file may be simply converted to PST format using the import/export wizard. To grasp the procedure, follow the steps below:
- Go to the File tab in Outlook 2013/2016.
- Now click Import/Export after selecting Open & Export.
- On the screen, the Import and Export Wizard will display. Click Next after selecting Export to a file.
- Click Next after selecting Outlook Data File (.pst).
- Now, click Next after selecting the IMAP folder you wish to backup.
- Note: You can only backup one mailbox at a time using this approach.
- Click Finish after selecting the location where you wish to save this file.
You may backup IMAP mailboxes manually this way. However, manual approaches have significant drawbacks, such as the risk of losing data if an error happens. As a result, it’s preferable to backup IMAP mails using a different method.
Professional solution Download all Emails from IMAP
IMAP mails can be safely and reliably backed up with Outlook. However, if the procedure stops in the middle for any reason, or if Outlook stops responding, you may lose your data. As a result, using an automated solution to back up IMAP emails is the best option. As a result, even if your machine shuts down unexpectedly, the data is not destroyed.
SysTools IMAP Backup
If you don’t want to use MS Outlook to backup your IMAP mailboxes, there is a better option: SysTools IMAP Backup Software, which allows you to backup your IMAP mailboxes without the need for any third-party software. You can even put filters on IMAP mailboxes for selective data backup using this Software. Take a peek at how this fantastic tool works in this video.
- Download and run the software in your os.
- Now fill the login id in the software.
- Then, you can get a complete preview of your data in the software.
- After that, click on the Export button and select the file format from the drop-down menu.
- Now, select the destination location in the software.
- Finally, the backup is completed.
Several Software Functions to Ensure Data Backup Without Fail
As you can see, the software to download IMAP email to PST has numerous capabilities that are mentioned. Let’s have a look at how they operate.
- Data may be backed up from any of the supported IMAP accounts.
- Export emails to MBOX, PDF, EML, HTML, TXT, PST, and other file formats.
- Delete after Download allows you to delete emails from your inbox after they’ve been exported.
- Date-Filter allows you to retrieve messages selectively based on a time period.
- Maintain Folder Hierarchy is a feature that allows you to maintain the structure of your folders the same.
- To break huge files into MB or GB pieces, use the Split Outlook data file option.
- After the initial procedure, the incremental backup option exports freshly received emails.
In general, anytime a backup of emails from an Download all Emails from IMAP is necessary. It is advised that you utilize an IMAP backup application to quickly archive your emails. It offers a user-friendly layout that allows even non-technical people to utilize the free backup solution. Also, save IMAP emails to your PC in the chosen file formats.