Lashes are an essential part of our appearance. They can accentuate our eyes and give us a more polished look. When it comes to lashes, there are many different options available. We can get lash extensions, which are great for special occasions but can be expensive and time-consuming. We can also use falsies, which are temporary options but can be tricky to apply. One of the famous and longest-lasting options is to get lash extensions.
So if your clients wish to have flawless lash extensions, then as a professional eyelash extension artist, you should know how to create the perfect volume lash fan. This may sound difficult, but it’s not as hard as it seems. With little practice, you’ll be a pro.
In this post, you’ll find much information about volume fan lashes, their flaws, and other aspects of the subject.
What are Volume Fan Lashes?
Volumizing lashes and creating a perfect fan is an art in which artists utilize different lightweight lash extensions to make the ideal fan. The width and length of the lash extension are different from classic lash extensions. The former is shorter in size while the latter is longer. This shows that the technicians care about each customer individually, and they make their services with perfect precision for each individual.
After you’ve built your client’s desired fan, you can use it on any natural or man-made lash to make your client’s eyes more beautiful.
How to Make the Ideal Volume Lash Fan?
When your customer tells you, “oh wow, what a fantastic volume lash fan you’ve created today!” Nothing feels better. Making fewer fans feel and appear younger does not matter; all that matters is how you do your job.
If you are highly dedicated and have a knack for making the ideal volume lash fan, you may become the finest in this sector with just a little focus and experience. If you’re dedicated to creating perfect lash volume fans, it means a lot of respect and gratification are on their way.
Let’s look at what you’ll need to achieve ideal volume eyelash extensions fans
- The most challenging step is to make sure that there is an equal amount of space around the fan. You need to maintain a good proportion of space, which is roughly 33 percent, between the fan’s base and the body. Similarly, a 2:3mm area is necessary for glue; double-check the symmetrically of the glue space anyhow.
- To achieve substantial perfection, you’ll need to match the size of your desired fan lash with the required proportion. The perfect size for a natural-looking fan is between .15 and .20mm. But what if your client wants to look more like a glam doll? In that case, you can go up to .25mm.
- If you want your client’s lash fan to look natural, choose a C-curl. This will give your client’s lashes a natural look with a little bit of extra curl. If your client wishes for a more dramatic look, you can choose a D-curl. This will give your client’s lashes a more pronounced curl.
- Once you have chosen the right size and curl for your client’s lashes, it’s time to create the perfect lash fan.
- For better lashes and even more fans, your frame of mind should be calm, and the ambience should be cool. In extremely hot weather, fan lashes may not be able to provide a smooth texture and appearance. Similarly, if you want your lashes to last long and be precise, the glue application should also be correct.
- If the size and color of fans are not the same, you will receive incorrect lashes. Fans that are perfectly manufactured, on the other hand, help to make your eyelashes appear uniform.
Making Perfect Volume Lash Fans Using Different Techniques
As we all know, practice makes perfect. It is true when it comes to making volume lash fans. The more you practice, the better you will become at making them.
Here are some different techniques that you can use to make the perfect volume lash fan:
Off Tape Method
The off-tape approach is a great place to start for those who are just getting started in this extension area. It simply allows the technician to apply the same or different tapes for one-by-one volume lashes.
The crucial thing is to separate the volume lash from the rest and attach it to the tape to form the desired fan. You can also use this method to achieve a perfect two-dimensional fan.
Once you’ve placed all the lashes on the tape, it’s time to apply them to your client’s natural lashes.
Lean and Pick Method
This is a simple and common technique to make a lash volume fan. In this situation, all you have to do is get a fan near to the base—this time, you have to be sure that the lash is separated from others.
Place the fan on the strip and gently lean it over. The lashes should be opened anyhow after leaning them forward. It’s easy to achieve a perfect fan using this approach.
Because of the simplest fan opening for each lash, the leaning and picking technique is a manipulating method for each eyelash. Everyone may use this approach to get acquainted with creating tiny perfect lashes fans.
Pinching up/down is the most frequent technique for making fans. All you have to do is remove the lash from the strip first; then, with your thumb and forefinger, secure it.
Make yourself aware by not rolling the base if you don’t mean to or unintentionally. Then, with your finger/tweezer, proceed to pinch the tissue a bit at a time and try to create a wriggle-opened fan. After dipping the entire fan in glue, apply it.
Where Should You Start?
Yes! That’s correct. The makeup sponge is the initial helper for perfect fan lashes practice.
It’s simple to put lashes on a sponge instead of real lashes, especially if you’re about to learn. It’s a lot easier to pinch and attach lashes without the worry of running out of glue.
We understand that a makeup sponge isn’t the same as a human eye, but it will provide you with a soothing makeover. Once you learn how to make perfect fans on a sponge, you can move on to natural lashes.
If you don’t have a makeup sponge and can only get a mannequin head, this is the way to go. The most effective technique to acquire equal experience is to practice lashes on a mannequin head. Then, take a mannequin head on the table and execute the same procedure as we discussed today for this method.
In the beginning, it might not be easy, but as you keep practicing, you’ll become more familiar and skilled with the process.
Read here to know the complete guide on mega volume lashes vs. volume lashes.
As a professional eyelash extensions artist, you know how to create the perfect volume lash fan. Put your abilities to the test and see how simple it is to get lovely, voluminous lashes. You’ll be able to make excellent fans every time after some practice.