There are various considerations to consider when booking your next Sports Massage Croydon therapy. When it comes to how long you should wait between sessions, there are no hard and fast rules.
Here Are Some Questions To Think About:
- Do you need to recover from an injury?
- Have you increased the intensity of your training?
- Do you suffer from RSIs (repetitive strain injuries)?
- Do you have muscle tightness that makes it difficult for you to move freely?
- Are you getting ready for a particular event?
Continue reading if you answered yes to any of these questions to discover more about your options.
- Your body enters the acute or inflammatory phase when you incur an injury; whether it’s an accidental muscle ‘pull’ or tear, contact with an object, or a fall. Instead of massage, this stage, which can last 48 to 72 hours, calls for ice, compression, and relaxation. A little massage can help if you’re near the 72-hour mark and your body is starting to mend. Between 3 weeks and a year after the injury, the final step of the healing process begins. Regular massage during this time can help stretch the new muscular fibres in the same direction as the muscle and reduce scar tissue in the area.
- Increased training puts the body under more strain. After then, you’ll need to give yourself enough time to recover so that these modifications can take place. If muscles are not advanced or recovered adequately, they might become irritated and tight. Massage can help muscles recover from tiredness by removing toxins and increasing blood flow and nutrition delivery back to the body. Although frequent monthly massage can help prevent overuse difficulties, the period between treatments should be decided by the training plan.
- Warming the tissues with Sports Massage In Croydon can help with repetitive strain injuries. Techniques can be use to help restore muscular range of motion and flexibility by causing new scar tissue to align better. A series of massage sessions spaced close together to aid healing, followed by monthly treatments to maintain mobility, can be useful in these circumstances.
- Regular, monthly massage treatments will help produce relaxation while also working to separate and stretch muscle fibres if you tend to store tension in your daily life. This can help to reduce tension and improve mobility in the area.
- If you’ve spent time training for a big event, Sports Massage In Croydon may help you emotionally relax. It can be use as a one-time therapy to help you feel more prepared. The positive psychological influence may increase your confidence and well-being by making you feel like you’ve done everything you can to attain your goal.
So, How Often Should A Sports Massage Be Scheduled?
The answer varies depending on the person, the situation, the training programme, the quantity of personal time you have/don’t have, and the benefits you gain from your treatment.