Yahoo mail app for Windows 10 is discontinued. Moving ahead with it, one can access a Yahoo account using a web browser. While the app is no longer available for this version, you still have the option to access your account from a trusted web browser. While it is advisable for the users to switch the experience of the web browser, you can use other solutions. This solution includes a Mail app with Windows 10 and you can install Yahoo app on Windows 10 just by sticking with a few steps.
This app not only has support for Yahoo but, also provides many of the features, desktop and locks screen notification in the Start menu. The theme also has custom color backgrounds and themes. It also doesn’t have the bulk of ads, unlike other mail websites. The Yahoo Mail application for Windows 10 has been over. Going ahead, you can get to your Yahoo Mail account utilizing your internet browser.
Setup Windows 10 Mail with Yahoo Account
- First, go to the Windows 10 Mail and navigate the option Add Account
- Choose Yahoo and enter the full email address and choose Next
- Now, enter the email password and click on Sign in procedure
Note: You will be asked to ensure the action if you can now be able to access your account on Windows by choosing the option Agree. There you have to choose Agree. Now only this, you also have to ask to save the detail and there click on Yes.
- When your account is set up then, click on Done and then, your email will start syncing in your inbox after a few moments
The email account is now set up in Windows Mail and there you have to open it to check your email anytime
Customize Yahoo Account Settings
By using the default Mail app with Windows 10, customizing a number of options for a Yahoo account are possible.
- First of all, open Mail and right-click on the Yahoo Account and click on Account Settings
- Using Yahoo Account settings, you can change the account name that can come in handy while managing multiple accounts
- Click on the Change Mailbox Synchronize Settings to customize the email account synchronize settings of Yahoo
- Here you can change the frequency of checking new emails, calendars, and contacts. It will help to save battery life and data as well.
In addition to this, there is an option available to change the username. Users also can control if they wish to synchronize contacts, emails, and calendars from the option that appears as the “Sync option”.
Fix Synchronize Issues with Yahoo Account
There are some instances when the users start facing issue while configuring account with the Windows 10 Mail app. You might receive an error while syncing emails and this is the result of Yahoo security changes. The syncing issue will occur if you want to synchronize your account on Windows 10.
Sometimes, there might be an old operating system behind Yahoo mail not syncing on Windows 10 issue. So, it is advisable to install the latest update on your PC to get rid of the issue. If still, you aren’t able to synchronize your emails then, move ahead with the following.
Configure Two-Step Verification on Yahoo Account
- Now, set up an app password and open Mail on Windows 10
- You have to right-click on Yahoo account and find the Account settings
- Enter the newly created app password and enter the app password and the emails should start synchronizing with the Mail app once again
If you have configured Yahoo mail on Windows 10 and it is creating issues while using it then, there might be a Yahoo mail app behind it. So it is recommended to uninstall the app on Windows 10.
Uninstall Yahoo Mail App on Windows 10
As Yahoo Mail is no longer support with Windows 10, it means that it is also an excellent way to remove it from the device. To uninstall Yahoo Mail from Windows 10, you have to follow the steps-
- First of all, open Settings and click on Apps
- Click on App and Features and choose the Yahoo Mail app
- There, you have to click on the Uninstall option
- And in the end, click on Uninstall button to confirm the changes
Yahoo has decided to remove the official Mail app from Windows App Store. But Yahoo has changed its mind and the app is once again available for free download. The app supports a lock screen and desktop notifications on the Start Menu.
The user should know the web wrapper for Yahoo webmail. This is an unofficial app that is quite not good news for Windows 10 Yahoo users.
Main features of this Yahoo App
- View the Live Tile in the Start menu for quick status on the inbox
- Get the real-time notifications to never miss any message
- See the new messages on the lock screen
- Organize the mail with folders, various options, and Smart Views to sort the message list
- Import Contacts from Facebook, Outlook, Gmail, or AOL to make it simple for you to connect with the people whom you care about
- Multitask in the inbox with the Tabs that include search, compose and read emails all at once without opening new windows
- Find the emails, photos, or documents which you are looking for with the Yahoo Mail
- Send attractive email using Yahoo Mail stationery that is designed by the paperless post which is highly famous
- You can easily customize the inbox with the help of 20+ attractive and unbelievable themes
These are quite unbelievable features that come with this unofficial app. They really enhance the experience of the users. You will need to ensure that you get all of the account settings and security aspects together while the procedure is ongoing. You can Yahoo Customer Service UK Help regarding the security and safety of your account. Yahoo might prompt to enter the two-step verification code while the account configuration or synchronizing with the Windows Mail app. Hence, all you need to do is to ensure that you have complete access to the Yahoo Mail.