QuickBooks error 15241 is a payroll error that appears in QuickBooks when the users try to update the payroll. Payroll is a very significant feature of QuickBooks and is recognized for carrying out numerous accounts-related tasks, such as paychecks, taxation, bookkeeping, bonus management, and more. Even a minor glitch with this particular feature can lead to significant unavoidable and unrecoverable errors. So to avoid the expense of all these things, we must fix this error soon. If you want to know the leading causes behind this error followed by the solutions, cling to the block below.
Dial 1.855.738.2784 to contact us, and we will help you with such technical glitches by assigning you a trusted and highly experienced QuickBooks specialist.
Causes for the QuickBooks error 15241
If you want to execute accurate troubleshooting by obtaining the exact expected outcome, then it is a prerequisite for you to learn about the causes behind this error. Once you know the reasons, picking out the correct troubleshooting method becomes more accessible. Below are a few points that can be probable causes behind this error.
- If the File Copy Service (FCS) is disabled, this error can occur.
- Corrupted or damaged company file.
- The Internet connection in your device is improper, or you have opened a lot of apps in the background.
- An inappropriate windows registry can also be a leading cause behind this error.
- Incorrect payroll service key in QuickBooks.
- The configuration of the windows firewall is incorrect.
- Any other 3rd party application or antivirus software is interfering in the functioning of the payroll.
Apart from these seven reasons, another could be that you haven’t updated the QuickBooks or its components.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error H303
Solutions for the QuickBooks error 15241
Our experts have meticulously curated the below-listed solutions to yield you the expected outcome. Precisely follow all the instructions given below and restart your system after the implementation of every solution.
Solution 1: For Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows 10, or Windows Vista.
- If you use either of the above-listed windows, you can follow the following points.
- Close the QuickBooks software and all the applications running in your background.
- Right-click on the ‘computer’ option from the ‘start’ menu and click on ‘manage.’
- Now the ‘Windows 10’ users will click on the ‘taskbar’ and search for the ‘computer’ followed by right-clicking on ‘this PC’ and choosing ‘manage.’
- On the extreme left-hand side, click on ‘services and applications.’
- Then double click on ‘services’ followed by double clicking on ‘intuit QuickBooks FCS.’
- Click on ‘startup type’ under the ‘general tab,’ and from the drop-down arrow, select ‘manual.’
- Tap on ‘apply,’ Then click on ‘start’ and press ‘OK’ to save the changes.
- Restart your system and try using the payroll feature
Solution 2 For Windows XP users
- Close the QuickBooks desktop, and from the desktop, right-click on ‘my computer’ and click on ‘manage.’
- A computer management screen will appear, after which you have to click on ‘services and applications’ and then again on ‘services.’
- On the right-hand side, the services window will open, scroll down, and double-click on ‘INTUIT QuickBooks FCS Service.’
- The ‘QuickBooks FCS’ Window page will open.
- In the ‘general’ tab, select ‘startup type’ and click on ‘manual.’
- Press ‘ok’ and save the changes.
For more technical help and support resolving QuickBooks error 15241, call our certified QuickBooks professional at ‘1.855.738.2784.’