QuickBooks is a premier accounting solutions app used by industry professionals and even individuals to track & save their transactions, generate invoices or receipts, and calculate their taxes. To receive better customer service and the benefits of an extended warranty and security cover, users like to register their applications with Intuit. Still, sometimes they are not able to do it & encounter QuickBooks registration errors.
Here we will give you an overview of the problem and the reasons that trigger the QuickBooks registration error. We will also suggest specific methods to fix QuickBooks Registration Error.
Reasons why you are facing a QuickBooks Registration Error?
The reasons which can invoke the QuickBooks Registration error are mentioned below, and do take note of them so you avoid them in the future and also prevent loss of data:
- The firewall settings of your system prevent QuickBooks Desktop from accessing the internet connection. So, it’s unable to establish connect with Intuit’s server
- You are using a QuickBooks Desktop version that Intuit does not support, and thus it won’t register
- You are entering the wrong product code and the licence number for registering
- Incorrect date and time settings of your system.
Steps To Troubleshoot QuickBooks Registration Error
Follow all the steps mentioned below in chronological order, and you’ll be able to fix the QuickBooks Registration Error on your own:
1st Step: Configure the Windows Firewall
- Go to the “Start” menu or tap the “Windows” key.
- In the search bar, type “Windows Firewall.”
- Now in “Windows Firewall,” go to the “Advanced Settings.”
- Switch to the “Inbound Rules” tab, right-click on it and then opt for “New Rule.”
- Select “Port” amongst all the options and click on “Next.”
- Cross-Check that “TCP” is selected before moving ahead.
- Choose the “Allow the Connections” option and switch to the next tab.
- In the profiles tab, make sure all profiles are selected.
- Finish the rest of the process and create a new name for the rule.
- Finally, you can retry to register your QuickBooks product.
2nd Step: Assign the Administrative Rights to the User Account
- Head to the “Start” menu and search for “Control Panel.”
- Look for the “Accounts” section & opt for “Family and other users.”
- Choose all the users you want to assign the administrative rights.
- Also, don’t forget to change the “Account Type” to the “Administrator.”
- Now, you can reboot your system and retry registering your QuickBooks product.
3rd Step: Download and Run QuickBooks File Doctor
You can download and use QuickBooks file doctor from tool hub program.
4th Step: Register MSMXL files
- Hit the “Windows + R” key combination to open the “Run” window.
- Enter “cmd.exe” in the space provided.
- The Command Prompt window will pop up, where you’ll have to enter “cd\ windows\ syswow64” in the prompt window.
- Now, hit the “Enter” key, type regsvr32 MSXML4.dll, and press the “Enter” key.
- Type regsvr32 MSXML6.dll and hit the “Enter” key to finish the process.
As we conclude, we hope your every query and doubt regarding the product registration and the associate error has been answered.
Just follow the steps in the order mentioned above, and you’ll finally be able to register your product. If there’s a problem while executing any action, feel free to connect with us through our helpline at 1-800-615-2347 or connect with our QuickBooks error support Team for further assistance.