QuickBooks Error 15106 encounters due to corrupted update program files. This error is also known as QuickBooks Payroll Error 15106. This issue generally occurs when users try to download or install QuickBooks updates. QuickBooks users face this error typically, so it’s not a strange issue. But, users can not leave this error unseen as it stops them to update the program.
Do you want to know how to purge QuickBooks Error Code15106? If yes, then we recommend you to read the entire blog, so that you won’t miss any vital information. In this blog, we will discuss different ways to resolve error 15106. Besides, we will also provide you with the possible reasons for the error. If in case you face any inconvenience, feel free to contact us at our toll-free number.1.855.738.2784 You can likewise contact our website to grab more knowledge regarding QuickBooks.
When Trying to Update Payroll Getting Error 15106- Do you know why?
The primary reason behind this error is that the update program has been damaged. Error 15106 is basically a QuickBooks payroll update error 15106 which means that something is stopping the software from updating all version of QuickBooks desktop.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 15270
Users face the error message stating as:
Error 15106- The update program cannot be opened.
Error 15106- The update program is damaged.
Reasons that trigger QuickBooks Error 15106
- The error may occur if the antivirus application installed in the system is blocking the update.
- QuickBooks Error 15106 can trigger when the user is not logged in as Admin in the system.
- User account control could also be the primary reason behind this tricky error.
- QuickBooks application not appropriately installed.
- QuickBooks payroll subscription is not active.
Steps to resolve QuickBooks Error 15106
- Firstly, log on to your system as an admin.
- Now, log in to QuickBooks as the admin user.
- Make sure to switch off the antivirus application.
- You can also exclude QuickBooks program files from your antivirus or antispyware protection application.
- Finally, see if the error remains.
- First, press Windows + R key together on your keyboard to open Run Command.
- Type Control Panel in the Run box and click OK.
- Now, navigate to System and Security under Security and Maintenance section.
- After that, find out the User Account Control.
- Further, click on Change settings for any changes.
- You will be redirected to the different page.
- Click OK.
- Finally, if UAC prompts, click Yes.
Let’s put it all together
Here in this blog, we have explained you the alternative solutions to resolve QuickBooks Error 15106.
Read also : Print W2 Forms in QuickBooks