How To Setup Canon Pixma MG2520 Printer Manually?
If you would like to print both the quality photos as well as crisp documents, then Canon Pixma MG2520 Printer would be the best one for you. This printing device is available in the market in your budget. So, get yourself prepare to purchase it. Once you take such printer at your home or office premises, it is firstly needed to Canon Pixma MG2520 Setup. For newbie, it can be difficult to setup the printer by the own and download the printer driver on PC to start print job, fax or scan the document. That’s why, we have come-up with the blog-post to let you know the whole setting up procedure with an ease. So, let’s read it out!
Here is the step-by-step guide listed you simply has to follow them till the end to effortlessly setup your Canon Pixma Mg2520 All-in-one printer. Give a look at below points:
Setup Canon Pixma MG2520 Printer Manually For Windows
If you are a windows user and have purchased the PIXMA MG2520 printer, then don’t look here and there. Simply, take a glance at given lines and perform the same accordingly:
As early as the printer will be plugged-in to the operating system, the window will be active sooner and thus will start installing the machine for further use
- Do not turn your Canon Pixma Mg2520 printer ON until the system being stated
- When you unbox the printer, you will get to see the USB cable that has come along with the package
- What you should actually do is to plug the right-end of the USB cable to the USB port on your printer and then plug the remaining end of the USB cable to the free USB port to the PC
- After successfully plugged-in the USB cable, turn your printer ON by pressing the power button on your machine
- After that, you are advisable to do the desktop and then tap the “Start” button
- By doing this, Control Panel window will be opened. So, on this page, you have to hit the “Device and Printers” option and then click on “Add a printer” option
- After that move ahead to the local printer option
- And then search and hit the port where your printer is connected to the PC
- In the upcoming step the Canon option will pop-up on Windows screen. You have to select it and then choose your printer model. Once you select the right printer from the list, click “Next” button
- Click “Next” button again
- And then tap “Finish” to keep your selected printer option as a default
- The printer setup process gets done; your printer is ready to print now. Enjoy!
Setup Canon Pixma MG2520 Printer Manually For Mac
For Mac users, skip the above written steps and focus on the underneath points as the following guides will be impactful for you. Let’s start the Canon Pixma MG2520 Printer Setup process:
- First and foremost, users are required to check the top-right corner of the website and locate the “Support & Drivers” section from there
- Next, you have to go to the list of the product manner and there look at for “consumer and home office” option. Hit on it once you found
- After that, go the list of the product family and then select the “Printers” option
- Click on the “Drivers and software” option next to the Canon Pixma MG2520
- After doing that, a drop-down menu will be seen. By clicking on it you have to choose the version of Mac OS that you are using
- And then start downloading the printer driver on Mac
- Once download completes, give a double-click on the downloaded file to run it
- Select the “Continue” button twice and then press “Install” to add the printer on your Mac device
- Then follow the on-screen prompts appropriately to install the driver
- At the end, use USB cable to connect your printer with Mac device
- Now, your printer is all set to deliver the printouts. Enjoy!
How to Fix Canon Printer Won’t Connect to Wifi
We will study 4 methods to connect Canon printer to WiFi. These include connecting the Canon printer to wifi via the Control Panel, Canon Print app, WPS method, and the standard connection method. These methods have been explained in detail below.
Method 1: Connect Canon MG3620 to WiFi from Device’s Control Panel
In this method, we will teach you how to connect Canon wireless printer to WiFi from the Control Panel of the device. This method can be performed in only 9 steps.
- Turn on your Canon printer by pressing the “Power” button.
- Now, tap the “Settings” button.
- Tap the arrow button to select the “Device” settings and press “Ok”.
- Keep pressing the arrow button and you will find the “LAN” settings. Then press “Ok”.
- Press the arrow button again. Keep pressing it till you see the “Wireless LAN setup”. Then press “Ok”. The light will blink and your device will look for a wifi network
- In case your device takes too long to search for the wifi network, press “Stop”. It will take you to the “Wireless LAN setup” or the “standard setup”. Then you have to press “Ok”.
- Tap the arrow button till you see the wifi network. Then press “Ok”.
- Now, fill in the “Password” for the wifi and tap “Ok”.
- When you see “Connected” on the display of your Canon printer, press “Ok”.
This is one of the simplest methods for how to connect Canon Pixma printer to WiFi. Using this method, you can connect your printer to wifi within minutes. Just in case this fails to work, move on to the second method.
Method 2: Canon Print App for Wireless Canon Printer
Here is another genius method for how to connect printer to WiFi Canon. For those of you who want to connect your wireless Canon printer to your Mac, Apple devices, or your Windows system via wifi, we will suggest you install the “Canon Print” app. Once you download the app, your printer will get easily connected to your system and that too in less time.
Method 3: Connect Canon Pixma to WiFi via WPS Method
Many of you may be looking for how to connect Canon printer to WiFi without CD. In this section, you can learn how to connect your Canon printer to WiFi via the WPS method that requires no CD. Using this method, you can connect the device to wifi on Windows as well as Mac. The WPS method can be performed in just 6 steps. Take a look at these below.
- First, turn on your Canon printer.
- To reach the WPS button easily, keep the router near your printer.
- Press the “Wifi” button on your printer and hold it until the light gets on.
- Now, you have to wait for at least 2 minutes.
- Then press the “WPS” button located on the router. The blue wifi light will get on until the network is found. Once the wifi and the power lights become still, the wireless network will get connected.
- Now, give a command to print a test page and ensure that the device is working properly.
Method 4: Connect Canon Printer to Wifi via Standard Connection
Are you thinking “how to connect my Canon printer to wifi via the standard connection method?” Does it also seem complex to you? Below you will find easy step-by-step instructions for the network settings, things you need to do before the setup, and the procedures to connect your printer to wifi on Windows and Mac.
For Network Settings:
- First, connect your system to your Canon printer.
- Now, add papers to the input tray of your Canon printer.
- Tap the “Resume” or “Cancel” button and hold it for a while.
- Verify the connection status on the information page printed.
- Also, ensure that the network name is the same.
Things to Do Before Setup:
- 1. Switch on your Canon printer.
- Ensure that it is properly connected to your system.
- Get an Ethernet cable in case of a wired connection.
- Install all the essential drivers on your system.
- To check the speed, connect your Canon printer to the internet.
- If you have a router, ensure that your printer and system are connected to it.
Setup for Windows:
- 1. Open the “Start” menu and then click on the “Settings”.
- Click on “Devices”.
- Select the option “Printers and Scanners”.
- Click on “Add a printer or scanner”.
- When your Canon printer gets added, connect it to the network on which the device is.
Setup for Mac:
- On your Mac, go to “System preferences”.
- Click on “Printers & scanners”.
- To add your Canon printer, press the “+” symbol.
- Select your Canon printer from the list and then add it.
- If you have a router, you will need to connect your Mac and Canon printer to the same network.
- Now, try a test print to see that the connection is successful.
How to Connect Wireless Canon Printer to Computer?
Once your Canon printer gets connected to the wifi, you will need to connect it to the computer for greater use. For this, you can follow the three steps shown below.
- On the system’s keyboard, press the “Windows” key together with the “R” key.
- Type “control/name Microsoft.DevicesAndPrinters” in the “Run” box and hit the “Enter” key.
- Then click on “Add a printer and go through the instructions on your screen.
How to Connect Canon Pixma Printer to Wifi?
In this part of the blog, you can learn how to connect Canon Pixma to wifi through a wireless LAN connection. The simple procedure to do so has been shown below.
- Press and hold the device’s “Wi-Fi” button.
- Release the “Wi-Fi” button when the “On lamp” flashes.
- Now, press and hold the “Black” button.
- The next step is to quickly tap the “Wi-Fi” button.
- Check that the “Wi-Fi lamp” is flashing and the “On lamp” too is lit.
- Now, press the button on the “Wireless router”. Continue to press it for at least 2 minutes.
- Ensure that the “On lamp” and “Wi-Fi lamp” are on.
- In case the alarm gets lit, select “Troubleshooting”.
- Once your Canon Pixma Printer gets connected to the wifi, you can use it.
What to Do When Canon Printer won’t Connect to Wifi?
When you don’t succeed in connecting your Canon printer to the wifi network on your system, there could be some printing issues. In the upcoming sections, you can find 4 solutions to resolve these Canon Printer Won’t Connect to Wifi issues and connect the device to wifi smoothly.
Fix 1: Use Network Troubleshooter to Detect Printer Issues
Certain users often wonder “How do I connect my Canon printer to WiFi by resolving the printer issues”. Windows users can utilize the in-built Network Troubleshooter to detect the printing issues. Here are the steps to use this tool on your system.
- First, right-click on the icon of “Network”.
- Launch the “Network Troubleshooter”.
- Click on “Troubleshoot problems”.
- Wait for the troubleshooting process to begin.
- Once the process is successful, you will be notified.
Fix 2: Check Wireless Network Connectivity
Any issues with the wireless connectivity will also halt your Canon printer from being connected to the wifi on your system. To escape these issues, try the 11 tips given here.
- Ensure that your wifi network is working and the devices have been connected to it.
- There should be no restrictions to connectivity.
- Check the internet speed. It should not be slow.
- The wifi network on your Canon printer must be on.
- Ensure that the wifi connection is not restricted on your system.
- See to it that the correct printer has been added to your system and set as the default one.
- Your system must not be in the “Airplane mode”.
- Keep the router near the devices.
- In case of a wired connection, the USB must be properly connected.
- In case of a wireless connection, the option “Connect via wireless” should be selected.
- The username and password of the wireless network must be correct.
Fix 3: Restart Wifi Network
For a Canon printer not connecting to wifi, restarting the entire wifi network can work as a helpful fix. This process will help you establish a new connection with the ISP. Here is the right way to restart the entire wifi network.
- Remove the power supply from your router and modem.
- Wait for at least 30 seconds.
- Now, connect the router and modem to power supply.
- Turn on the devices and wait for the LED lights to become stable.
- Now reboot your system as well as your Canon printer.
- Connect your Canon printer to the wifi network again. It will get connected now.
Fix 4: Check Canon Printer Driver
A faulty printer driver could also be the reason for your Canon printer not connecting to the wifi network on your system. These 5 tips will help you ensure that the Canon printer driver has been rightly installed and has no issues.
- You must have the correct printer driver and software versions on your computer or laptop.
- If the version of the Canon printer driver is correct, uninstall and then reinstall it via the CD provided to fix any bugs.
- In case you do not have a CD, visit the official website of Canon to download the printer driver.
- Keep the Canon printer driver updated. An outdated version will restrict the functionality.
- Restart your Canon printer and reboot your system after the driver has been reinstalled.
The methods and solutions provided in this blog can be used for the all the models of the Canon MG Printer series.
Visit Homepage to check more informative post