Modern interior design is increasingly striving for maximum functionality and at the same time gravitates towards minimalism.
This is probably why one of the most popular pieces of furniture for arranging a living room in all corners of the world has become a corner sofa.
This roomy, aesthetic and incredibly practical element of the interior is chosen by both well-known designers to create furnishings for exclusive projects, as well as simple owners of houses and apartments to equip homes of various sizes.
Furniture manufacturers do not get tired of improving the collections of modern corner sofas, providing us with a wide range of sizes, for instance large corner sofa or small, shapes, colors and textures for making sofas of various modifications. So you can find it in every furniture store. Also you can find a corner sofa sale.
The obvious advantages of a corner sofa in the interior of the living room.
If we compare a corner sofa with its predecessor – an ordinary sofa-book, it is easy to identify several undeniable advantages:
- significant savings in the usable space of the dwelling, with the possibility of accommodating several people to sit;
- most models are equipped with the functions of quick transformation into a comfortable and roomy bed;
- almost all modifications of corner sofas have internal cavities for organizing storage systems;
- the ability to transform the external image (modular models), design flexibility;
- a wide range of styles, the ability to select a model for a specific room design (a wealth of colors, upholstery fabrics, texture solutions).
Criteria for choosing a corner sofa.
When choosing a corner sofa, a Russian buyer is guiding not only by how comfortable it is to sit on it, but also by how suitable it is for sleeping.
Most of our compatriots will not refuse the possibility of acquiring a multifunctional piece of furniture, which in normal times will provide maximum seating for households (and even pets), and, if necessary, can become a place to sleep for late guests. In some dwellings, the corner sofa in the living room serves as a permanent place for one of the household to sleep.
Intensity of using of folding mechanisms is need to be taking into account when choosing a corner sofa model.
Conventionally, we can say that all corner sofas consist of four parts: a frame, a folding mechanism (may be absent), filler and upholstery. Let’s look at the principles of choosing each of the components of this important piece of furniture.
Frame and folding mechanisms.
In order to choose a high-quality, reliable and most durable sofa design. It is important to take into account many nuances. The frame of the structure should not be too heavy. If a piece of furniture seems unbearable to you, then most of the parts are most likely making of chipboard (as a rule, such elements are laminating or painted with a non-toxic dye). Ideally, all frame elements are making of solid wood (the most durable breed, beech, will be the best option). But it is obvious that such a performance entails a significant increase in the cost of the entire product.
Not only the comfort of using a piece of furniture for sitting and sleeping but also the service. Life of the entire product depending on how well the filler for the sofa is making.
The main advantage of using spring blocks as sofa filling is reliability, comfort and durability. An independent spring block consists of a plurality of springs, each of which is located in an autonomous cell. A sofa with such filling is moderately soft, pliable and great for older people.
There are spring blocks in which cells with springs are fastening into a single structure and move synchronously. Such designs are slightly cheaper than products with independent spring blocks. But it all depends on the number of springs per square meter. Such blocks (“bonel”) are suitable for both owners of a large physique and for lovers of hard surfaces.
Corner sofas are nice and comfy, upholstered to suit every taste, with storage drawers and a bed, traditional and modern, large and little. The selection is enormous, and it’s no accident that this item of furniture is among the best-sellers in furniture stores where you can buy a modern corner couch, a huge corner sofa, or any other type of corner sofa you require. You may find corner sofa sales in every magazine.
Gray corner sofa.
Add colorful pillows to the corner sofa and a coffee table to complete the decor. To add more light for reading, think about getting a floor lamp or wall sconce. To make the space cozier, place a carpet in front of the sofa.
Compact modular corner sofa.
The first thing you should consider when purchasing a corner sofa is its size. Of course, everyone will hazard a guess to see if the model they have picked will fit the space, but that isn’t the only thing this is about. Not everyone is aware that the sofa’s size directly impacts your level of comfort. Sit down on the sofa of your choice and make sure your feet are on the ground. Although persons of different heights will be comfortable and have varying heights, the suggested seat height of the sofa is from 40 cm. You may personalize the sofa by adjusting the backrest and armrests.
Black corner sofa for a small room.
The variety of materials used to make corner sofas is astounding. Leather, eco-leather, and a variety of other materials are used to cover the metal or wooden base. Although genuine leather can be highly moody, a leather sofa has a noble appearance that makes it unsuitable for households with young children or animals. Fabric-covered furniture is more practical and easy to clean.
Before proceeding directly to the choice, make sure that the purchase is appropriate. This model has a number of advantages:
- Aesthetic appearance. Modern corner models look very stylish, and to see this, you just have to look at photos of beautiful sofas.
- Space saving. Due to its shape, such furniture takes up little used space in the room and frees up living space in the middle of the room, which is especially important for a small dwelling. The corner sofa also allows for effective zoning in the living room, if its area is large enough.
- An addition to the previous paragraph can be considered the capacity of such models. Even the most modest of them freely fit up to five people.
- Many models are equipped with a linen box, a table or even a miniature bar counter, and can also be transformed into an excellent sleeping place.Mechanisms of transformation.
Before choosing beautiful corner sofas, the appearance of which you will like, you need to figure out how they are arranging. Modern corner sofas are not as often equipped with transformation mechanisms as ordinary sofas. The transformer model can come in handy if your living room acts as a bedroom at night: this model easily unfolds and you get a comfortable sleeping place.
When choosing, you need to focus on several criteria.
- The size. This is a fundamental criterion when choosing any furniture for a small room. To determine the dimensions of the sofa, take a tape measure and measure the area that you are going to occupy. If the house has windows with low window sills, choose a model taking into account the fact that the back should not overlap the window.
- It should be in harmony with the decoration of the room and other pieces of furniture. If the living room has diverse furniture, it is better to take a sofa in a neutral shade without conspicuous decor. To enliven the picture, you can purchase several bright pillows and a bedspread.
- The form. When choosing such furniture, be guiding by your height – its seat and back should not be too high or low, and you should be absolutely comfortable sitting on it. Pay attention also to the armrests. They can be soft, so that it is comfortable to lie, stretched out to the full length of the seat, or hard – then they can be used as a stand for a mug or other things. Today in stores you can find models of various shapes and configurations.Despite the large assortment of direct models, corner sofas are considered to be in demand. This is due to their practicality in small sizes.The cost of models is different, it depends on how large the corner sofa is or from what kind of material is made. Large corner sofa will suit big living rooms. You can find the option of your dreams. Today we will talk about the advantages and features of modern corner sofa models, how to make the right choice.
What is the demand for corner sofas?
If you decide to equip a room with a corner sofa, you can be sure of the following positive aspects of use:
- The corner sofa can be practically used for zoning the room. Creating functional areas with furniture creates a beautiful and harmonious interior;
- Another advantage of a corner sofa is its compactness. Models are small but roomy. Models are ideal for arranging a small room or studio apartment;
- Perfect for the living room or kitchen of a large family;
- Folding corner sofas are considering very comfortable for sleeping. You can choose furniture with an orthopedic base. You can also find sofas that will have shelves and drawers for storage;
- As a rule, assembling and disassembling models is quite simple. But still, this may differ depending on the type of mechanism;
- A corner sofa will look great in any style of interior.