EFTPS denotes the Electronic Federal Tax Payment System, consisting of a four-digit password required for online tax filing. This is primarily the service introduced by the United States Department of Treasury in 1995. QuickBooks allows users to pay their federal dues, such as 940, 941, or 944, from within the software using their EFTPS password and 4-digit PIN. However, after receiving an official notification from the IRS, you must update your old password to pay your taxes. Therefore, to avoid any inconsistencies while paying your taxes with QuickBooks, it is recommended that you must change EFTPS password in QuickBooks. Follow the blog until the end to learn about updating the password.
It might be possible that the users who don’t have much technical knowledge might face difficulty while changing EFTPS password. Here, I suggest not performing the steps until you are confident. Therefore, we have enclosed stepwise instructions to make it easier to change EFTPS password in QuickBooks within this post. You can also get the expert’s assistance by dialing +1(855)-738-0359 and allow the experts to do the rest of the work on their own.
Considerations before you Update your EFTPS Internet Password
There are various reasons why users need to change EFTPS password. Before proceeding further with the process, you must keep the following things in mind, have a glimpse of it.
- The users are required to change their EFTPS password after every 13 months.
- It is a must that the users need to create a password having a character limit between 12-30.
- After changing your EFTPS pin online, your current password will remain valid and effective.
Related Post: QuickBooks Error 6000 80
What are the different methods to change login passwords for EFTPS?
The EFTPS password that you save will be used in the future for e-payments of your taxes. The process for changing EFTPS login passwords differs between QuickBooks Desktop and Self-Employed. Let us examine these methods more closely:
Instructions to Change EFTPS Password in QuickBooks Desktop
- To begin the process, navigate to the Pay Liabilities menu from the Payroll Center.
- Move to the Pay Taxes and Other Liabilities section and pick the tax you wish to pay electronically. Further, tap on the View/Pay option.
- Check that you have enabled the E-payment option. After this, opt for the E-pay option from the list of the available drop-down menu.
- Next, put your 4-digit PIN and the newly created EFTPS Internet password.
- If you find any gaps while entering the password, fill those gaps.
- Lastly, select the highlighted Submit button.
Whenever you make the e-payment next time, pick the Remember My Information for Next Time option. Then, you need to add your 4-digit PIN and EFTPS Internet password within the required field.
Also Read: QuickBooks Multi User Mode Not Working
Instructions to Change EFTPS Password in QuickBooks Self-Employed
You can quickly deal with the error 1003/2190 when updating the EFTPS password in QuickBooks Self-Employed. For that, you are supposed to implement the steps discussed below.
- To start the process, run QuickBooks Self-Employed and then move to the Taxes menu.
- Proceeding further, tap on the Quarterly tab followed by the Pay Now option.
- You must pick the option to pay Online.
- Next, put in your current password, and then you need to update your password. It will automatically update your connection.
- Later on, select the Continue option and then go through the on-screen directions.
We understand that the process to Change EFTPS Password in QuickBooks is a bit challenging unless you have the proper knowledge. However, we hope that you might find this post beneficial. If you still face any difficulty and need to fix it instantly, our experts are just a call away. You can connect with our professionals anytime by dialing the helpline number +1(855)-738-0359 and figure out their query within the shortest time applicable.