Millions of businesses use QuickBooks to fulfill their accounting needs because of its advanced features. It has a payroll feature, multi-user mode, and print as well. While trying to print transactions and files, users sometimes get QuickBooks won’t print error. There are numerous factors behind the issue, such as wrong setup, incompatibility between computer and printer, and many others. Before you start the troubleshooting process, make sure the printer is connected to the computer and its software is installed. Follow the complete blog to know what triggers printing issue in QuickBooks and how to fix it.
We understand handling QuickBooks won’t print error on your own is a complicated task. Instead, reach out to the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by calling us on our toll-free number +1-800-579-9430.
Reasons that can cause QuickBooks printing invoice error
Following are the major factors that give rise to printing issues.
- Some parts of the XPS Document Writer needed by QuickBooks to print are damaged and not functioning properly.
- QuickBooks Desktop application is not updated to the latest release.
- The printer is not set up correctly with the workstation.
- You may not have the latest printer drivers for your printer.
- There is some damage or corruption in the QBPrint.QBP file.
Possible Solutions to Fix QuickBooks printing problems with Invoices
Solution 1. Change the name of QBPrint.QBP file manually
- Move to C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks and find the QBPrint.qbp file.
- Right-click the QBprint.qbp file of the QuickBooks version you use and select the Rename option.
- Change the name of file to QBPrint.qbp.old and then open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Select the File menu, choose Printer Setup, and select the transaction in the Form Name list.
- Click OK, and create a new QBprint.qbp file. After that, open an invoice and try to print it.
You may also read:- Update QuickBooks company file
Solution 2. Get QuickBooks Tool Hub and run the QuickBooks PDF & Print Repair Tool
- Close QuickBooks Desktop, get the setup file of the latest QuickBooks Tool Hub version, and save it to your Windows desktop for easy access.
- Look for the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file on your desktop, double-click to open it, and follow the instructions given on the screen.
- Select to mark the agree to the terms and conditions checkbox and complete the QuickBooks Tool Hub installation process.
- Go to your desktop, open the QuickBooks Tool Hub by double-clicking the icon and choose Program Problems.
- Click QuickBooks PDF & Print Repair Tool and wait for a minute to run.
- When the tool completes, try to print again.
Solution 3. Change temp folder permissions to fix the printing issue
- On your keyboard, tap the Windows and R keys together and open the Run window.
- In the Run prompt box, type %TEMP% and tap the Enter key.
- In the temp folder, right-click an empty area and select Properties.
- Go to the Security tab, and make sure all user names and groups have Full Control on the Security tab.
- After getting permission to Full Control, try to print the transaction and email it again.
Hopefully, the troubleshooting process discussed above will help you get rid of QuickBooks won’t print issue. If the problem doesn’t fix, consult the QuickBooks support team by dialing +1-800-579-9430.
Related article:- QuickBooks keeps freezing