Fetch is a fun game for both you and your dog. Dog training in Mumbai gives your pup something to do and helps with training. When you teach your dog to fetch, you’re reinforcing the idea that you are someone who provides good things, like toys, walks, and food. This makes your pet more likely to obey you and come when called. Plus, fetch is just plain fun! The fetch command is a convenient one to teach your dog. It also comes in handy for controlling your dog’s behaviour: tossing the ball means you can distract your puppy from chewing on your shoes, and going outside to fetch is a great way to ensure you’ve got your dog’s full attention during walks.
Here are 7 tricks to help get your puppy in fetching shape:
- Teaching your dog to fetch is as much about teaching him to walk as it is about returning objects to you once he gets them in his mouth. So make sure your pup is healthy enough for walking and running before beginning training sessions. And also, make sure the pup is groomed by the professional Dog Grooming in Mumbai. If he’s still developing physically or isn’t in great shape, start slow and work up his stamina over time.
- If your dog doesn’t have a favourite toy, he runs after it in play and goes to the pet store or local big-box retailer to find one that appeals to him. Your pet probably has an innate preference for a particular texture or smell, so let him sniff out his favourite.
- You’ll want somewhere with few distractions to focus on teaching your dog the game of fetch—this could be your backyard or even inside the house if it’s hushed and there aren’t any other pets around.
- Start by teaching them to “drop”: have them hold something, then show them the treat and say “drop.” When they release the object, give them pleasure.
- Play around with it once they’ve got that down until they drop anything on command. For example, you can use a toy and say “drop” when they pick it up. They’ll associate dropping with getting a reward for it.
- Next, teach your dog to put things in their mouth on command. Show them an object and say “take.” If they take it, reward them with a treat.
- Practice this step until you can use any object, and your dog will pick up on the command! Practice with different things (like tennis balls or stuffed animals) until they’ve got the hang of it with all of them.
- Once they’ve learned the game, incorporate other behaviours into your fetch routine—your dog can learn not only “fetch” but also “drop,” “wait,” and “come.” You can even train them to fetch specific items
Why choose Woof India over other dog training centers ?
Woof India also offers the best dog training in Mumbai. The professional trainers will help you train your pet and make them friendlier, more obedient and better behaved. We want you to enjoy living with your pet for the rest of your life. It is essential to understand that your relationship with your dog depends on how well you trained. The Woof India dog training sessions are specially designed to help you build a stronger bond with your pet. The main goal of our program is to teach you how to effectively communicate with your dog so that they can understand what you want from them and vice versa.
This can only achieved by teaching them the correct commands and including those that are crucial for their development. Our trainers will also guide you about all the necessary equipment such as leashes, collars, etc. This will help make this process easier for both of you. We also assist in terms of dog boarding services in Mumbai if required by our clients as per their convenience.
Read Blogs :- Blogs