Linksys wifi extender is unarguably one of the best lots out there. The ultimate benefits to the customers include fast uninterrupted internet allowing them to stream movies, play games, download stuff, hassle-free. You’ve already made a wise call if you’ve got one. Learning to know how to set it up is equally important. Worry not! We’ll guide you throughout, from the different ways of setting it up to fixing some of the recurring errors. Read this blog, for the same.
There are actually different ways to setup a Linksys extender, some of which include by using a WPS or through web address. We’ll see these two, next:
Linksys Extender setup through web address
The first way of setting up the Linksys extender is through web address that is http://extender.linksys.com. Following the steps, ofcourse in order, will surely help you get through with this.
Steps for Manual Installation
Once you are on the extender’s setup page, follow these instructions to adjust your extender’s settings and for Linksys router login:
The following are setup requirements:
- The extension should be put in the same room as your router. This pertains to the installation period.
- Examine your home network. It ought should be operating normally and up.
- You’ll need the password when configuring the network, so keep it close to hand.
Steps for configuration
- When you access the online setup page, the WiFi range extender smart wizard is where you’ll be headed to.
- Then select Wireless and Basic Wireless Settings on Linksys router login.
- You must now decide between Manual Linksys smart WiFi setup and Wi-Fi secured configuration. Select the manual configuration.
- Put your SSID — network name — in the text box when requested on Linksys router login.
- After that, enter the wireless network’s password.
- By selecting save, the settings are saved.
- Reset the power on your extension and router to begin utilising the wonderful network connectivity throughout your building.
- So there you have it—manually configuring your Linksys extender via http://extender.linksys.com.
Now that we’ve seen the first method, we’ll introduce you all to another one. This one is by using the WPS button. Follow these steps for the same:
To know more about the WPS button, check out the Linksys setup router. To get started with, your extender’s WPS button should be pressed. When you do this, the WPS connection will commence. As soon as you can, press the WPS button on your router. When the WPS LED starts to stabilise, the WPS connection is established properly and you’ve started the configuration process.
Configuration of WPS
- Use a web browser to go to extender.linksys.com for Linksys router login. This can be chrome, morzilla firefox or safari for MacOS users.
- When prompted, enter password as the password and admin as the username.
- Complete the Linksys range extender configuration by adhering to the additional on-screen instructions and complete Linksys router login.
Now we’re done with the two setup processes. We’ll now proceed further to see how to setup Linksys extender as an access point. This is discussed below:
How to Setup Linksys Extender as an Access Point?
Access the Linksys extender setup process to quickly configure your extender to the Access Point mode. To activate the access point mode on your WiFi device, follow the instructions below:
Turn On Your Extension
Start by turning on your Linksys WiFi extender. Connect it to a power outlet and push the Power button to accomplish this. Wait for your extender’s power LED to settle.
You could have plugged your Linksys extender into a faulty wall socket if the power LED is flashing or not illuminating at all. Therefore, think about connecting your WiFi equipment to a power outlet that isn’t damaged.
Connect WiFi-Capable Devices
You must connect your Linksys range extender and the router as soon as the power LED stabilises. Both WiFi connections can be made wirelessly or with an Ethernet cable. Given that it makes it simple for WiFi devices to communicate with one another, a cable connection is thought to be more reliable. So, use an Ethernet wire to link them.
Go to Linksys Range Extender Login Page.
Logging into your Linksys range extender is the next process. Therefore, it is now time to start your computer. Make careful to temporarily turn off the firewall and antivirus software before visiting the web-based configuration page of your WiFi equipment. Go to the address bar of a web browser after that.
Press the Enter key after entering the Linksys range extender’s default web address. You will be sent to the Linksys extender’s login page.
Access Your Linksys Range Extender.
You will be asked to input your WiFi device’s login information on the Linksys extender login page. So, enter the Linksys range extender’s default login and password. However, because the default login credentials are case-sensitive, be careful not to make any typing errors when doing so. On your keyboard, deactivate the Caps Lock key as well.
Switch on Access Point Mode.
Look for the Wireless option once you are on the Linksys WiFi setup wizard. When you find it, click it to open the Basic Settings window. Go back to the Operation Mode section now, and choose Change.
Next, pick Access Point (Wired Range Extender) from the menu. You may adjust the 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequency channels’ parameters to suit your preferences. Once finished, click the Change button to complete the transaction.
Your Linksys WiFi extender will reboot after successfully switching to the Access Point mode, and all devices connected to its network will be unplugged. So you’ll have to reconnect the stuff you were doing.
There might be reasons why your Linksys extender blinking orange. These may include:
- If the Linksys extender was not properly setup.
- If the factory defaults for the range extender are set to “Ready for configuration,”
Now to fix this problem, don’t worry, we’ve got the fixes ready, which include:
- Ensure that Wi-Fi is switched ON and that your router has an internet connection.
- Unplug the range extender and relocate it closer to the router if the router is operating normally. Reconnect to the network once a minute has passed and after plugging it back in.
After reconnecting the device, you can configure it again by following the given instructions. Just repeat the process to setup it again. But sometimes you may face any issue like Linksys extender keeps Disconnecting with you Linksys wifi extender that can be fixed easily. To fix the issues, just reset the Linksys wifi extender to its factory default settings.
The reset process is two types i.e. through the Linksys extender reset button. Just press the reset button and hold it for 10-15 seconds. After that release the button and power cycle the device. Now it will be reset to its default settings.
The second process of resetting the Linksys wifi extender is through the default web address http://extender.linksys.com. Just go through the web address and reset the device to factory default.
With this, we hope we’ve successfully helped you out. For information or queries, you can visit our website or get in touch with our team of technical experts, and we’ll be happy to help you.