Why do people need testosterone therapy?
Testosterone plays an important role not only in men but also in women. Testosterone is known as a sex hormone which is found naturally in the body. It is an important hormone which regulates the sexual functioning of males. It is important to have the right or normal levels of testosterone in men and women. As if they decrease or reduce in men can lead to side effects or adverse outcomes and in women high levels testosterone can cause side effects. Moreover low levels of testosterone means low levels of dihydrotestosterone (DHT) in the body which can also cause side effects. Those people who are not comfortable with testosterone therapy can also opt for testosterone medicines where they intend to buy testosterone UK from different sources to increase their levels of testosterone.
What are the side effects of testosterone therapy?
Those who chose to undergo testosterone therapy may face side effects which can be different for every individual undergoing such therapy. Some of the risks associated with this therapy are as follows:
- Testosterone therapy can lead to increased production of red blood cells which can cause blood clotting.
- Testosterone therapy can lead to enlargement of breasts in men.
- It can lead to worsening sleep apnea which is a condition in which a person’s breathing stops and starts while he is sleeping.
- This therapy can lead to less production of sperms.
- It can lead to growth of prostate cancer in those who are currently suffering from it.
- This therapy can lead to water retention.
- It can also contribute to oily skin and acne.
- There is a risk of stroke or heart attack associated with this therapy.
What are the alternatives of testosterone therapy?
There are many other ways as opposed to testosterone therapy. Which can lead to maintaining or increasing the levels of testosterone in the body. These include:
- It is important to maintain a normal weight as studies have shown that an increased weight can lead to decreased levels of testosterone in the body.
- This is important to add nuts and food items like beans in the diet and to take them regularly as they contribute to increased levels of testosterone.
- It is of vital importance to have a proper sleep in order to have proper levels of testosterone in the body. It is recommended to sleep for at least seven to eight hours every night which will have a positive effect on the hormones.
- It’s very crucial to exercise regularly along with a healthy diet as this ensures proper levels of testosterone in the body.
- It is highly recommended that men who suffer from hypogonadism because of low testosterone should take or add zinc in their everyday routine as deficiency of zinc leads to low levels of testosterone.
- An alternative to testosterone replacement therapy is hormone replacement therapy.
- Many men also buy test E UK to overcome the deficiency of testosterone in their body.
Testosterone therapy in form of medicines:
Those who hesitate to undergo testosterone replacement therapy can take testosterone in the form of medicine to overcome its deficiency. These medicines come in different forms including pellets, gels, patches etc.
In this case, pellets of testosterone which are minute in size are implanted under the skin of buttocks and/or hips. This is an outpatient procedure which is quick and is carried out every few months which helps to increase or maintain the levels of testosterone in the body.
2. Gels or creams:
Some people may also opt for testosterone gels or creams. Which means that testosterone comes in the form of lotion which can be easily applied to the skin under or upper arms. This needs to be done every day for more effective results. Side effects of such procedures include skin irritation and transfer to other people who are around.
Another way of increasing the levels of testosterone in the body is by the way of testosterone patches. These transdermal patches are effective in treating low levels of testosterone in adults and especially by those who suffer from hypogonadism. Side effects of testosterone patches include discomfort at the time of application along with itching and irritation. Other side effects of such transdermal patches include changes in sexual desire, hair loss, acne etc.
Myths about testosterone therapy
There are different myths when it comes to testosterone replacement therapy. Some of which are as follows:
Many people think that such replacement therapy leads to an increasing risk of heart diseases however this is not true. Studies have shown that supplementation of testosterone leads to reduced cardiovascular events.
2. Testosterone therapy leads to prostate cancer.
There is a myth that testosterone therapy leads to prostate cancer, however there is no such evidence supporting this. Moreover those who suffer from prostate cancer or have a history of prostate cancer are not suggested testosterone therapy by the doctors.
3. Testosterone therapy is illegal.
Another myth about this therapy is that it is illegal. However this is not the case and those who want to treat issues like aging and hypogonadism can easily go for this procedure without facing any legal issues.
4. This therapy makes a person more aggressive or violent.
This therapy cannot result in making a person out of control as the dose of testosterone. Which is injected is determined after carefully observing the current levels of testosterone in men or women who opt for such therapy. Therefore a doctor or primary care physician carefully assesses the present or current condition of the patient and then decides about the appropriateness of this therapy. A doctor who specializes in hormone therapy injects testosterone which reduces the risk of testosterone imbalance.
5. This therapy leads to hair falling or baldness.
Many people think that testosterone therapy can lead to baldness due to the fact that testosterone converts into DHT or dihydrotestosterone. But it is not the case or such a situation can be avoided by your hormone specialist. Who ensures that a supplement regimen is included in this therapy which reduces DHT and hence reduces the risk of hair fall.