QuickBooks company file contains crucial company data, and keeping it safe and secure is very important. Keeping that in mind, QuickBooks provides its users with two-step verification to avoid any unauthorized access to the company data. For the two-step verifications, users are supposed to insert the code they received via phone. This is so that anyone else logging into your device won’t be able to get into your account. But most of the time, users might find this bit challenging and time-consuming and want to turn off two-step verification in QuickBooks. Furthermore, we have provided you with detailed instructions using which you will get to know how to turn off two-step authentication in QuickBooks.
Wondering how you can turn off two-step verification in QuickBooks and need immediate help? If that’s so, we have enclosed the detailed process in this post to do the same. However, contact our experts if you don’t have much technical knowledge and are facing issues while implementing these steps. Dial +1(855)-738-0359 and resolve your issues under the expert’s supervision within the least time possible.
What are the reasons to turn off two-step verification in QuickBooks?
There are plenty of reasons why users need to turn off two-step verification in QuickBooks. To explore all such reasons, we have explained some of them below; check them out.
- When multiple users need to make several attempts to receive the verification code.
- The users might find the process of two-step verification a time-consuming process.
- Small businesses that don’t have to bear the risk of data loss won’t require the two-step verification in QB anymore.
- It could also happen when QBO logs out users automatically, and they have to proceed with the entire process again.
Also Read: QuickBooks Multi Currency Problem
Here’s how to turn off two-step verification in QuickBooks
There are two different methods using which you can turn off two-step verification in QuickBooks. One method is to disable two-step verification using the same mobile number, and another is to stop two-step verification using a different mobile number. The steps for both of them are discussed elbow; have a look at them.
Method 1: Disable Two-Step Verification In QuickBooks Using Same Phone Number
- Log into your Intuit account using valid login credentials to begin the process.
- Once you have logged into the account successfully, tap on the Sign In & Security from the left pane.
- After this, navigate to the Two-step verification section and choose the Turn-Off option.
- Now, you must put the code you received via text message on your mobile number and then click on the Continue option.
Related Post: QuickBooks Crash Com Error
Method 2: Disable Two-Step Verification In QuickBooks Using a Different Phone Number
If you are not using the registered number anymore, you need to add a new phone number and send the photos of your ID for verification. Then, you are required to perform the following steps:
- In the initial stage, you must complete the Email Change Request form.
- Afterwards, you need to attach a photo or do a scan of your photo of your ID. For that, click on the Browse option, search for your file and then select it. Laster on, tap on the Open option.
- Once you successfully upload the files, move ahead by selecting the Submit option.
- Next, you must log into your Intuit account after obtaining a notification.
- Subsequently, pick the Sign In & Security option from the left menu.
- Proceeding further, go to the “Two-steps verification” section and choose the Turn Off option.
- End the process by putting the code you received on your mobile number and clicking on the Continue option.
Hopefully, we assure you that the methods mentioned above will assist you to Turn Off Two Step Verification in QuickBooks. However, if you might find these steps tiresome and need expert’s help to do it for you, dial +1(855)-738-0359.